Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is the coreplayer better or the same as kinoma, how does the youtube part work? Do I just copy the code to play it like kinoma or is it different?
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    Is the coreplayer better or the same as kinoma, how does the youtube part work? Do I just copy the code to play it like kinoma or is it different?
    It is actually TCPMP (The Core Pocket Media Player) that is used on the treo, and it is does not play flash (.flv) video. Kinoma is the only one for YouTube videos. Unless you save them on your computer as an .mp4 or .avi video, then put them on your card, TCPMP will play those formats.
    Last edited by dollface; 04/18/2008 at 01:28 PM.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    the newest verison actually has a youtube search feature built in to it.
    iv been usesing it the past few days and it seems to work ok
    Quote Originally Posted by stamason View Post
    the newest verison actually has a youtube search feature built in to it.
    iv been usesing it the past few days and it seems to work ok
    wow, must download that, thanks. So what vers do you have? I have 0.72RC1 and I just checked and it has no search for YouTube. As far as I can see, the only .flv plug-in is for windows mobile devices.
    Last edited by dollface; 04/18/2008 at 01:43 PM.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Does it launch any faster? The past, recent Core player versions I tried load fairly slowly compared to TCPMP free version.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Does it launch any faster? The past, recent Core player versions I tried load fairly slowly compared to TCPMP free version.
    So there is a paid Core Player for Palm? Did not know that. I use the Core Player as my player on my laptop. It think TCPMP for Palm loads so quickly, because it is a lean app; even compared to the TCPMP for WM5.
    Yeah the actual final Core Player is pretty bogged down (at least in terms of size and launching speed) also compared to TCPMP.

Not entirely sure why either, as it doesn't seem to offer much more than TCPMP which is very quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Yeah the actual final Core Player is pretty bogged down (at least in terms of size and launching speed) also compared to TCPMP.

Not entirely sure why either, as it doesn't seem to offer much more than TCPMP which is very quick.
    So Papped, just curious, is your current vers of TCPMP .072RC1? does it have a search function for You Tube and play .flv files? I have been searching and can't find a more recent version than the one I have and I cannot play flash.
    Yeah I'm using TCPMP 0.72RC1, which doesn't support flash files. TCPMP is basically a pre-paid version beta of what is now Core Player.

There is a .flv plugin for WM TCPMP, but I don't think one exists for Palm.
    No there is not an .flv plug-in for Palm on TCPMP, but the poster above sounded like he found a version that did. Thanks
    Stayfly, stick with Kinoma 4, just my 2 cents.
    Pretty sure it doesn't exist as an option in Core Player or TCPMP for Palm.

http://support.corecodec.com/index.p...kbarticleid=38
    I'm using it on the Centro.

Youtube integration is fantastic..no joke. I can't compare to Kinoma but it's simple and elegant. It still is a bit slow on the load but otherwise it's fine. For streaming, you have 3 options for quaility: low, med (RTSP) and high which use the h.264 codec--very nice. Audio is superb. This is straight full Youtube, not "mobile".

Search for vids is also simple. Here are some screenies:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...a77/Pic_34.jpg http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...a77/Pic_35.jpg http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...a77/Pic_36.jpg

And the Changelog...yikes:
    - FIX: Focus issues in some edit boxes
    - FIX: Crash when a connection fails
    - FIX: UDP sending
    - FIX: Live streams fast forward/backward
    - FIX: Avoid reloading a radio when using the left/right keys
    - FIX: No time scope for YouTube 'recent' and 'mobile' categories (weekly otherwise)
    - FIX: Make the Current Selection/Now Playing use the same style as the Media Library main page
    - FIX: A possible double key enter use when navigation in the media library
    - FIX: HTTP chunk length use
    - FIX: Remove some double error reports in the network stack
    - FIX: When a stream cannot be opened don't display the busy animation
    - FIX: Timeout when connecting to a RTSP stream
    - FIX: RTP mp4a-latm payload handling
    - FIX: RTSP Helix server seeking by using pause
    - FIX: Did not start to play the 'next' file if the current file has an error
    - FIX: The restore position in non-DB mode
    - FIX: Various HTTP enhancements
    - FIX: QPEL and Quantizer artifacts in MPEG4 decoding
    - FIX: The M3U probe
    - FIX: The busy icon when starting the player on a still picture
    - FIX: Support for some ?indirect? ASX streams (loading as a playlist)
    - FIX: RTP streams with the same ID for audio and video streams
    - FIX: Handling and display of Unicode characters
    - FIX: The text clipping in the UI
    - FIX: The font color use
    - FIX: Japanese char issue
    - FIX: Japanese chars work in YT queries
    - FIX: HTTP Parsing
    - FIX: RTSP Parsing
    - FIX: For some MOV files
    - FIX: Improved v1 skin UI
    - FIX: CoreAVC AVCHD streams
    - ADD: Card insertion/removal detection to update the Media Library
    - ADD: Support for the volume keys on the Treo 600
    - ADD: More PNG variants supported (including in the skin)
    - ADD: SDP file support
    - ADD: Scrollbar and word-wrapping in the About dialog
    - ADD: An option to restore playback when put in the foreground
    - ADD: More RSS detection and correct reading (like Flickr)
    - ADD: RTSP support helix server's preroll parameter, like ?a=Preroll:integer;1000?
    - ADD: CPU load balance in CoreAVC
    - ADD: The possibility to remove an item permanently from the DB (in Current Selection)
    - ADD: Improved the escaped chars reading in XML (podcasts, skin, etc)
    - ADD: M4A and audio/mp4 association support
    - ADD: Improved the podcast reloading accuracy
    - ADD: Podcast preloading one at a time when browsing the Media Library
    - ADD: More RSS fields to get metadata from podcasts
    - ADD: Improved Unicode support in ID3v2 tags
    - ADD: An option to give more CPU for audio decoding (off by default)
    - ADD: Better TS / M2TS and AVC Elementary Stream probe
    - ADD: Allow Unicode characters in YouTube queries
    - ADD: Skin: Add the possibility to use icons in menubars
    - ADD: Skin: Add the possibility to skin the DBBROWSER items
    - ADD: Skin: Better keyboard navigation in ui_grid (Youtube and Media browser)
    - ADD: Skin: Allow the use of the Delete/Backspace keys in the Media Library
    - ADD: Make the visable font smoother (default is antialiased)
    - ADD: Update Japanese language file
    - ADD: Multi-language support (14)
    - ADD: Google GData support
    - ADD: Google / YouTube Integration
    - ADD: RTP/RTSP support
    - ADD: UDP Unicast / Multicast support
    - ADD: HTTP Tunneling support
    - ADD: RTCP (keep alive)
    - ADD: IPTV / DVB-H Ready
    - ADD: Enhanced Benchmarking (more accurate)
    - ADD: CoreUI Widget Modular Isolation
    - ADD: CoreUI Skin Enhancement
    - ADD: CoreUI PNG Alpha Transparency support
    - ADD: Core-C Enhancements
    - ADD: Speex Audio support
    - ADD: GSM Audio support
    - ADD: WMMX Optimizations
    - ADD: AVCHD M2TS support
    - CHG: Language: Updated the Hungarian language file
    - CHG: Language: Updated the Japanese language file
    + Plus another 2000+ changes
    Last edited by Malatesta; 04/18/2008 at 07:18 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Looks like the site does list youtube support for the latest version.

Here I was searching for flash or .flv support...

Maybe I will use both. TCPMP is just so fast to load and so clean for watching videos I doubt I could give it up.
    i just loaded this baby up. The Youtube interface is sweet! Although i agree its much slower than the TCPMP. No flash support.
  16.    #16  
    Is it as slow as kinoma?
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Is it as slow as kinoma?
    Kinoma Player is one of the leanest, fastest Palm OS applications you can buy. That's part of the reason that Kinoma Media Embedded is the built-in streaming player on your phone, and why Kinoma was chosen to do Sling Player for Palm OS.

What's slow for you, specifically? I'd be happy to try to duplicate whatever you're seeing.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Now if someone hacked TCPMP to include a youtube search interface + support, world domination would be complete...
    Does, anyone know the proper buffering settings to play TCPMP? I have seen it somewhere but cant seem to find it. Please help.
    Didn't have to set any buffer settings for TCPMP.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast