1.    #1  
    I'm having trouble finding a bluetooth headset that is compatible with my Centro. I have tried pairing it with my Toyotas (Highlander and Sienna) and the Centro will not pair with the built in bluetooth.

I also have a Motorola H700. It did pair for a while, but when I tried to make a phone call or answer the phone, I cannot answer through the headset, even though it says bluetooth is on and is active.

I have tried deleting the headset and re-adding it. I have tried turning off BT and turning it on. It's not working.

With the new law coming in a few months, I need to get a BT device that will work with the centro.

Any ideas?
    I have not had a problem at all with my Jabra JX10.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    The H700 does not do well with the Centro or the 700P - but the H500 does and the H500 gives you better battery life. Ben
    I disagree with Ben

I have used a Moto H700 with my Sprint 700p for 2 years. It has worked flawlessly. The H700 also works with the Sprint Centro.

I use a Samsung WEP 500 with my Sprint Centro. It works flawlessly with the Centro and the WEP 500 works with the 700p also.

5.    #5  
    The H700 isn't working for my Centro. I remember having BT trouble with the 700p as well, but I don't remember which headset I had back then.

I'll stop off at the store and pick up a different headset.

Thanks.
    Which is fine. I have a H700 sitting on the table next to my laptop and my H500 sitting next to the H700 sitting on the table next to the laptop. The H700 does not routinely connect to either the 700P (I had that before the Centro and one of my sons has it now) and it will not connect properly with the Centro - it shows connected, and that is it. The H500 works with both devices each and every time.

Ben
  7.    #7  
    That's exactly my issue. It will show connected but when I answer the phone (or make a phone call) the sound comes out of my phone and not the headset.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    ...it will not connect properly with the Centro - it shows connected, and that is it....

Ben
    I have had both the H700 and WEP 500 paired with both the 700p and Centro.

Sometimes I missplace one of the headsets and use one or the other with either phone. Both work without effort on either phone.

But typically, I use the H700 with the 700p and the WEP 500 with the Centro.

A Moto HT820 bluetooth stereo headset works without issue on both phones too.

I would suggest to the OP, to delete the Bluetooth Device Cache and the Bluetooth Trusted Device files from the RAM with Filez or Resco Explorer and start all over again with the pairing process of the H700 to see if this cures the problem.

As a note, I have both the 700p and Centro paired with each other, each paired to a laptop and each paired to a bluetooth printer module. All work without issue.

9.    #9  
    I just tried it and re-established the headset, but it still doesn't work.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I would have never thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    I would suggest to the OP, to delete the Bluetooth Device Cache and the Bluetooth Trusted Device files from the RAM with Filez or Resco Explorer and start all over again with the pairing process of the H700 to see if this cures the problem.
    Is the headset fully charged?

Is the headset a knockoff? There have some knockoffs of the H700 Floating around.

Open the mic and fold the ear loop up, does it say Motorola on the case?

11.    #11  
    Is the headset fully charged?
    No it's not fully charged, but it's not out of battery. It's been on standby for a couple of days. I don't use BT that often. That's why it's taken me 3 months to realize this isn't working. I say it's about 50% charged.

Is the headset a knockoff? There have some knockoffs of the H700 Floating around. Open the mic and fold the ear loop up, does it say Motorola on the case?
    No. It was purchased directly from AT& T corporate store (unless AT&T corporate sells knockoffs).
    OK, Fully charge the headset. I fully charge my headsets every other day. They pair better when the battery is fully charged.

I doubt corporate stores sell knockoffs.

13.    #13  
    treotraveler,

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried 2 different H700's tonight.

1) I borrowed a fully charged H700 and it paired with no problem. I made several phone calls and it worked fine.

2) I charged my own H700 (the one that wasn't working earlier) until it was fully charged. When it was fully charged, I repaired it and it's now working.

Thank you.
    You're welcome techiegirl!

Anytime you have headset difficulties, charge it up. I think the vast mojority of BT headsets will start to give problems when in standby mode for 2 to 3 or more days.

I charge every night - the H700 has never been good for me. Ben
    To OP - maybe you should also try repairing in Toyota as well. my friend has Rav 4 bluetooth paired with Centro just fine.
    John 3:16