1.    #1  
    My 700p came pretty used, but of course I had no problem with that which is why I got it for a STEAL! Anyways, I have one problem which is driving me insane. Things like this almost seem to bring out an "OCD" in me .

The battery cover moves from side to side about 1/16th of an inch and up and down a 1/16th of an inch as well. It doesn't come off when it's not supposed to, but it makes a little bit of noise when it's moving and I can feel it moving a tiny bit when I'm holding the phone. It really is driving me insane!! I checked everything on the cover and on the phone and it looks perfectly normal. Does anyone have any tips for me? I'm prepared to break out the file and knife or other objects if I have to!!!

Thanks everyone!
    It should shift a little side to side (but probably not the 1/16 of an inch) but not forward and back. I suspect your cover is slightly worn where the button latch contacts it or your button latch is worn. Do you know someone else with a 700 series that you could swap doors with to see if a replacement door will fix the problem?
    had that problem a while ago and put a piece of velcro on the inside of the cover and that did the trick.
    Fred
    I cut a piece of a business card and lay it between the battery and battery door. If card is too thick try a small piece of paper and fold it over to the desired thickness.
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 04/18/2008 at 09:45 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5.    #5  
    Ah thanks guys! I taped some folded paper to the back of my battery cover . I can't see it when it's on, and it helped a ton! Thanks!
    Try sticking a folded $20 bill in there. Not only will it help with the loose door, it will give you an emergency cash supply when you get caught with an empty wallet.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Try sticking a folded $20 bill in there. Not only will it help with the loose door, it will give you an emergency cash supply when you get caught with an empty wallet.
    lol good idea! XD. I might forget about it though :O.