Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having a problem logging in? I haven't been able to get past the validation screen in days, and my emails to support have been ignored.
    Gosh, I am not surprised. This company has had one of the worst track records in the business. Ben
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Yeah... 2 weeks ago Yahoo logins stopped working. They said they would have it fixed in 2-3 business days. Last week I emailed them again because of the validation error. Last night I got a response saying they were doing upgrades and the issues would be fixed in 1-2 business days.

If I actually thought I could get it back, i'd demand a refund. I'm sure it's only take a couple of 'business days' to get it back right??? *rolls his eyes*
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Last night I got a response saying they were doing upgrades and the issues would be fixed in 1-2 business days.
    I got the same email yesterday. I'm not holding my breath. I think Causerie is the best of the IM clients; and that is a sad state of affairs.
    I've been having the same issue since early last week. I can't connect to MS Messenger. I get "Causerie Error." How helpful is that?? I’m so glad it told me that because I thought the error was caused by my Treo's Calendar app.

Causerie hasn't been updated in quite a while and I've often wondered about the state of that company. Their support has always been shotty but this experience takes the cake. Their app isn't working. their live chat, support ticket and user forums system are all non-functioning.

If they're having some sort of major server issue, the least they could do is post it on their site to let users know. I sent an email to their support, but I'm not holding my breath. What a rip.

If anyone else has anymore info on this issue, please post here!! Thanks.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I gave up on causerie, their forums have been down for months, their support has gotten worse, even tho I didn't think it could get worse. Started using WebMessenger (www.webmessenger.com)

Its free, and after the initial setup, has been pretty darned stable for me on my 755p
    you guys should try the latest Mundu.. works pretty good
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Still down as of today. I'm using Mundu in the meantime.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    you guys should try the latest Mundu.. works pretty good
    Yes, mundu works fairly well. But it's also not a free alternative.

Not that it's not reasonably priced, it is...but free is good....especially when it works really well.
    It's not free, but it's the best alternative out there. It's certainly better than Causerie.

I had used Webmessenger even when it wasn't a free program, but I had to stop using it because it doesn't have vibrate notifications for my Centro. When my phone is on vibrate mode (which is all the time when I'm at work) I don't get any IM notices.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Techiegirl: WM does have a vibrate option now.

For those who didn't get the support email:

Start up causerie, stop your auto-login if you have that set. While at that initial screen with your accounts listed type: ip

A dialog box should pop up with an ip address in it change it to this:

Code:
    causerie1.handheldim.com:443
    Then ok, then you should be able to connect.

Personally, at this point, I don't know if I'm going back to Causerie at all. WebMessenger has been so stable on my 755p. Causerie made it reset far too often.
    ssrjazz,

Have you tried using it on the Centro? I just downloaded it from the server again.

The vibrate mode doesn't work for me. There is an option for vibrate (which I have checked), but it still doesn't vibrate upon incoming IM's.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Is Causerie (MTalk) down for the count? It hasn't worked for me in well over a month, and customer support is not responding to my emails. Has anyone been able to use this lately?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I erased Causerie from my phone after Webmessenger worked fine for me for several weeks. Might want to check into that instead. I think Mantra is pretty well a dead company
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I'm using Mundu right now. It's pretty good but I miss Causerie. It's the only program since Verichat that holds a connection consistently and reconnects automatically. That being said, I've about had it with Causerie.