1.    #1  
    till now , many PDA phone from SYmbian OS to PPC/WM6 OS

PDA phone with AF(auto focus camera) , wireless (WIFI) , 3G /3.5G HSDPA
    even GPS function inside , video out

but Palm base PDA phone always lack of many hardwrae function

Palm os can not handle new hardware ??
    PALM hardware is better than excellent, though admitedly just a little out of date.

I always wonder why people want Palm to copy or be like Samsung... or Nokia... or SE... They could always buy these phones - phones that already have a slider-flip combo, 200mm zoom lenses, 9.3G, WiMaxMaxMax, 217 meg. pixel camera, not to mention they are "slim" and don't have antennas... if that is what they want.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    However is a good question that many of us, long time Palm users have been asking for a while. We have been using the exact same features for the past 6 years or so, at the time they were revolutionary but now they are way outdated.

The truth is that Palm OS certainly does not support many new features, namely WiFi, full BT stack, higher resolutions than 320x320, multitasking... the list goes on. If you see the offerings by Palm in the Windows mobile space, you will see they have support for many (if not all) of those features.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    320 max resolution is still pretty standard in the US (overseas is a different ballgame entirely).

Some recent WM devices are 240x320 even.
    I don't need wifi because I have high speed internet service from Sprint. And my camera works fine as it is. The device doesn't multitask, but it does play music in the background and I can use the PDA functions while I talk on the phone.

Overall, it works like a charm.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Tony Miller speaks the truth. Ben
    When I had a Mogul with wifi I basically never used it. It absolutely murders your battery and you get fast speeds with EVDO anyhow.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I, for one, am looking forward to a Palm OS device with all the trimmings, even if I don't use them all the time.

WiFi - would be great to be able to get a weather application I could update evert morning. Data rates in Hong Kong are murder.

GPS - self-explanatory.

3G - good for travel to Korea or Japan (which doesn't support GSM).

Mega-pixel camera - not really required.

Until then, the 650 is the phone for me.
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650
    I believe the Centro is the best smartphone I have ever used. I returned a Iphone, and I have tried my friends Pearl, blackjack 2 and Windows Tilt. They still couldn't replace the centro for me. Palms OS is old but they must of done something right it is the most efficient and user friendly OS I have seen.

WiFi- Like someone said earlier with the very fast speeds I don't miss wifi

GPS - Don't need it since my car has a better gps built in

Camera - Camera's on phones are gimicks. No smartphone camera currently can replace my Canon Rebel until that time I will carry a phone and a camera.

Screen pixels - Palm has more pixels than most other smartphones including windows machines.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Guys,

The original poster was wondering if Palm OS supports new hardware/features. The answer is no.

You certainly stress the points of why you feel don't need the extra features, and that's good in its own right. But there are other people that do like those features and for that crowd, Palm OS is a no go.

And let's be honest, even if those "extra" features are just gimmicks, why then the iPhone stole market share right from under Palm's? Why is HTC now considered the leader in Smartphone design? It does seem that there are certain "gimmicks" that strongly resonate these days with the crowd.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    You could then bring up "leader in smartphone design" vs "smartphones actually sold" arguement.

And let's be honest, even if those "extra" features are just gimmicks, why then the iPhone stole market share right from under Palm's?
    Kind of a bad example because the iPhone lacks even simple features that other phones have had for years. That argument would just reinforce the fact that amount of features isn't necessarily the largest concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    Guys,

The original poster was wondering if Palm OS supports new hardware/features. The answer is no.

You certainly stress the points of why you feel don't need the extra features, and that's good in its own right. But there are other people that do like those features and for that crowd, Palm OS is a no go.

And let's be honest, even if those "extra" features are just gimmicks, why then the iPhone stole market share right from under Palm's? Why is HTC now considered the leader in Smartphone design? It does seem that there are certain "gimmicks" that strongly resonate these days with the crowd.
    The iphone doesn't do half what my Centro does.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.