Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I want to use Versamail on my Centro (GSM version) to access my mail2web live account (the free one). It never succeeded. It always say cant found user name/password of that account. I've tried that on my Treo 680, and it work fine. Is there any workaround?

Thanks,

Wiwi S.
    mail2web working on my centro. what settings are you using???
    Mike
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I choose EAS, then inputing the user name, password then server.

When I do the connection test or sync, it always said, wrong username or password, something like that.
  4. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I would like to know this as well.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynet View Post
    I want to use Versamail on my Centro (GSM version) to access my mail2web live account (the free one). It never succeeded. It always say cant found user name/password of that account. I've tried that on my Treo 680, and it work fine. Is there any workaround?
    You do have a "Live" account on mail2web, right? That's what you need.
    In your e-mail account, choose "my email settings" and then "view active-sync settings". Where it says "settings for windows mobile 2003 or 5.0": those are the settings you need. Ignore the "domain" setting - Versamail won't ask for it.

You then create a new e-mail account (enter your mail2web e-mail address and PW), then choose EAS for the account type. Enter the username (your mail2web e-mail address again) and the server (as shown in the active-sync settings) and you're all set.

works on my wife's and on my own Centro without a problem.

dakis
    I can't get mine setup on my Sprint Centro. The error says: The server did not recognize your username and/or password. Please check settings and re-sync.

Are there any advanced settings I need to configure? Specific port number? I can't figure it out. I've used every combination of username and server address and it won't work.