1.    #1  
    hi

i need some help with my phone i hotsynced my phone and after this everytime i turn the phone on it restarts. i already gave it a master reset and the problem is still there. the log game me these msg after the hotsync maybe this could help cause i have no idea what to do anymore

thank you

HotSync Error: An application cancelled sychronization or failed to respond to a HotSync notification. Please ensure that you are not currently editing data using applications such as Palm OS Desktop or Install Tool. (8009)
    - The following record was modified on both the Palm Desktop and the handheld: German castillo, Dr. , Both versions of this record were copied to the Palm Desktop and the handheld. The record marked to be archived was not archived. Delete the unwanted record and
    - Already exists: C:\Program Files\palmOne\ToribiF\backup\ConnectionMgr50DB.PDB
    Restore synchronization failed
    It sound like perhaps a Contact record is corrupt, and if it synced the corrupt record, it is also in the Backup folder. Look and see if you have a Contact record for Dr. German Castillo and delete it on both the device and the PC. Then see if you can hotsync. If it still fails, you may need to do another hard reset. Then find your backup folder in Palm on the PC and rename it so it does not sync to the phone. You will have to hotsync just your calendar and contacts and then re-install each app again fresh. That will create a new ConnectionMgr.PDB file.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  3.    #3  
    i did want you recomended and it still resets when the phone is on. Even if i do a hard reset and dont sync the phone it resets like after a minute when the phone is on
    Last edited by Doppler22; 04/16/2008 at 03:57 PM.
    So it only resets if the phone is turned on, if you turn off the phone and use the PDA side, it will not reset? After a hard reset it it set back to factory default settings and if it only resets when you turn the phone on, perhaps there is an upgrade your carrier can do over the phone. I suggest you call your carrier and ask for technical assistance. Do you have any replacement insurance on the 650? If you have had it a few years, maybe think of upgrading? Just a suggestion.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  5.    #5  
    if its only in the pda side it wont reset only when the phone is turned on. i was thinking of changing the phone but have not found an option that i like this problem has really disapoiinted me with the treo smartphones
    Well give your carrier a call just to see if they can find anything out. Rest assured, this is not a common problem with treos, and the treo 755p is a worthy upgrade.
    Try loading SafeGuard. The chances are high it will identify the problem.

Jeff