1.    #1  
    I've been using powerHero from Hobbyistsoftware.com for about a week and I just registered it. Without this application, the battery life on my Centro was terrible. Few phone calls, Chatter checking every 10 minutes and the battery would be less than 75% by the end of the morning. With this great program running to shut off BT and keyboard and dim the display a bit, my battery is at 89% after being off the charger for 6 hours. I haven't even selected the most aggressive settings. for example, I've been outside cell coverage for most of the day and my battery is still holding up. Now I am assuming that the battery life indicator is relatively accurate. For those carrying spare batteries, this program is a must. I can't wait to spend a full day in coverage and receiving more e-mail to really give this a good test.
    Mark Bergman
    I didn't get much of a boost from PowerHero myself (I use a 755p, not that it should matter much). Of course it's gonna vary depending on what apps you use and how you use them. I normally have BT and beams disabled anyways.

The only result was I had to sign back in to EVDO more often due to the auto disconnect feature, which was more annoying than the battery gains for me were worth.
    I use it and with the extended battery, running Chatter PUSH, bunches of phone call and extended use of DTG/HanDBase, I am getting 6 hours of healthy usage. Even with that though, I am back to feeding it when I am in the car.
    Ben
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    PowerHero helped me ALOT. My problem was Sprint's Email client which would sometimes get "stuck" and keep the connection open, draining the battery. PowerHero fixed that and now I don't have to recharge at 7 pm
  5. tsy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bergman View Post
    I've been using powerHero from Hobbyistsoftware.com for about a week and I just registered it. Without this application, the battery life on my Centro was terrible. Few phone calls, Chatter checking every 10 minutes and the battery would be less than 75% by the end of the morning. With this great program running to shut off BT and keyboard and dim the display a bit, my battery is at 89% after being off the charger for 6 hours. I haven't even selected the most aggressive settings. for example, I've been outside cell coverage for most of the day and my battery is still holding up. Now I am assuming that the battery life indicator is relatively accurate. For those carrying spare batteries, this program is a must. I can't wait to spend a full day in coverage and receiving more e-mail to really give this a good test.
    Agreed power hero and a few other tweaks brought me from 50% at end of day to 79%!