1.    #1  
    I have two treos. Neither will beam using the infrared. I notice you can turn on and off recieveing but beaming should always be on.

I took out my camcorder... If you look through a camcorder with nightvision on, you can see the ir beam from your remotes or your treo. Nothing is coming out of my treos. It used to work...

what is going on?

any thoughts?

thanks
    do you use any silicon case around?
    check it wheter the case cover up any area in the IR port

i have the same problem but it was caused primarily by my silicon case.
    I use silicon case designated for Treo 750 which is a little bit different.
    when you are looking at the treos I assume you have set them up and started them 'beaming' and application. They _should_ sit there and try to beam the app for a few seconds, discover there is no one to talk to, and then shutdown the IR transmission.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
  4.    #4  
    no... my treos are naked..

They do exactly as you say... look and not find... they just sit there...

frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by radman2020 View Post
    no... my treos are naked..

They do exactly as you say... look and not find... they just sit there...

frustrating.
    But... when they 'look', do you see the IR activity with your camcorder?
  6.    #6  
    no.. there is no IR beam coming out of my treos.... weird... nothing from either. they have worked in the past but not now...

very strange.
    I usually have to do a soft reset to get my Sprint Treo 700p to work.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  8.    #8  
    I just saw a post that said you have to turn the gsm radio off to get the IR to work. I will ahve to wait until I get home to try this with two phones. If it is true, that is great... will solve the problem..

but... palm sucks for not putting this in the directions!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by radman2020 View Post
    I just saw a post that said you have to turn the gsm radio off to get the IR to work. I will ahve to wait until I get home to try this with two phones. If it is true, that is great... will solve the problem..

but... palm sucks for not putting this in the directions!!!!
    That's crap. The GSM radio and the IR function at the same time without problem.