Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I just switched from Treo 600 to GSM Centro. It's a nice upgrade, but I have a problem with the Messaging application.

In Treo, when I pressed the center button in the field for recipient number, I got a nice list of recent recipients, AND an option to look up a number in Contacts. That was very handy, for example when sending the same message to multiple recipients.

In Centro, the list of recent recipients is still displayed, but the option "Lookup in Contacts" is missing. So I am forced to go to Contacts, find the contact, click "Message" and compose the SMS. This is fine when writing to just one person, but if I want to list several recipients it is extremely painful, because I need to switch back and forth between applications, copy & paste numbers etc.

Can this option be somehow enabled back on the Centro?
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Actually, that functionality is still there but has been improved. In the "To" field, start typing the persons name (or even a letter in the name) and matching names will appear. That cuts down on the scrolling through the contact list.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Goodness, thanks for the tip!
    By the way, do you guys find your sms is limited to 160 characters only? I upgraded from a 650, in which my sms was 160 x 3 = 480 characters.

(Unlocked GSM here)
    My AT&T Centro splits to a second message at 160. It gives me a note "161 chars/2 msgs" and allows me to keep typing in the same message.

I sent a 168 char message to myself and it appeared as all one message in the chat log but I don't know what it does on a non-treo/centro phone.

Does your's stop or does it allow you to continue to type?
    Palm Pro -> PIII Upgrade Card -> Palm Vx w/ Minstrel-Omnisky -> Tungsten | T -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Michau View Post
    In Centro, the list of recent recipients is still displayed, but the option "Lookup in Contacts" is missing. So I am forced to go to Contacts, find the contact, click "Message" and compose the SMS. This is fine when writing to just one person, but if I want to list several recipients it is extremely painful, because I need to switch back and forth between applications, copy & paste numbers etc.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but you can just start a new, blank sms message type 1 letter in the To: field, then scroll to the contact you want, after selecting that contact, type another letter and select contact, etc, etc.

The To: field automatically supports contact lookup when you type and adding multiple recipients is easy.