Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hey folks, i am a complete newbie to these stuff. I need help.. I was trying to change the partition size via an SD Updater and I encountered an error, if my memory serves me right, it has something to do with the size of the rom. It got stuck there, i've waited for more than 10 minutes but nothing happen so i rebooted my unit, unfortunately, after i did a reset, the darn thing just keep on flashing. I tried to re-upload the rom that i backed up using ROMTool but it says that the rom i was trying to load is too big. Please help me, i've read some input here and other sites but there is no specific answer to my problem. By the way, I have a Treo 650 unlocked and unbranded and it was updated to the latest version. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    UPDATE...

I was able to put back the original ROM files using ROMTool but before i was able to do that, i had to delete a lot of stuff, mostly the not so important stuff like, "Welcome..Quick Tour..etc" but since I messed up updating the partition resizing, i used to have 8+ mb capacity of rom size but after messing it up with the partitioning, i am now left with only 7.14 mb of space. Can somebody please tell me what to do to resize the partition back to it's original size? thanks a lot and hope to hear from you folks...
    I have exactly the same problem... After a failed partition resize my available rom has gone from 8+ meg to 7.14.

Can anyone help on how to either fix the partition update or back out of it to restore to standard???
    try using erase command, not sure if it resets the patitions but it does clear the entire ROM. I assumed you are using shadowmite's rom tool