1.    #1  
    Hello all,

While I love my Centro, people I'm talking to on the other end don't really share that sentiment. I have my Centro set up to always vibrate for calendar events, SMS messages...basically any alert on the device.

I've had two different people (both of them on different carriers and using different models of phone) tell me that if an event on my Centro triggers that vibrate alert while we're talking on the phone, they hear a horrible loud buzzing screeching 'robotic death' (her words, not mine ) sound.

So, my questions are these:
    • Has anyone else experienced this? (either as a Centro-owner whose device vibrates during the phone call or as the victim)
    • Is there a way to disable the vibrating alert only during phone calls?
    • If not, is my only solution to disable the vibrating alert altogether? (something I'd rather not do)
    Thanks,

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1274-1.htm

PhoneDisconnect supposedly can disable the sms vibrate while on a phone call.

Never used it before though.
    also check out Phone Technician, from hobbyist software
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks...I will look into both peices of software.

Anyone have any ideas as to changes that can be made natively on the Centro without using third party software?

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    The simple solution would be to set all of your alerts to only vibrate when the phone is set to "sound off". You can do this for each application (Messaging, Calendar, Ring Tones, Phone Alerts etc).

Then when you're speaking with someone you could switch the phone off of silent mode.

Not high tech, but simple and free until you find a better long term solution.
    Last edited by Dolmangar; 04/17/2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason: typo
    Palm Pro -> PIII Upgrade Card -> Palm Vx w/ Minstrel-Omnisky -> Tungsten | T -> Treo 650 -> Centro