Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster View Post
    I have posted a new version in my original message. I also changed the name to Quick15. Thought it sounded better than just plain Fifteen.

Here is another extremely simple app I created for my wife to use on her Centro. It is nothing more than an icon that when you tap it your Centro will reset. Q-Reset
    Quickster you're amazing. Some GREAT apps. I like the Q-Reset (no more having to remove the battery to re-set). Palm didn't think re-sets were needed after the Treo 600 because no re-set hole... wrong. Thanks for the app.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Carl,

Could you add one feature to your Q-Reset? Currently, after a soft reset, the call volume and the call speaker volume is changed back to default. Could you add an option so that when you run Q-Reset it retain the current call volume and the call speaker volume? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2Reef View Post
    Carl,

Could you add one feature to your Q-Reset? Currently, after a soft reset, the call volume and the call speaker volume is changed back to default. Could you add an option so that when you run Q-Reset it retain the current call volume and the call speaker volume? Thanks.
    I'll think about that but remember, this was written as an alternative to having to remove the battery to do a soft reset. And if I start adding features then it defeats its original purpose.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    VolumeCare ($14.95) will increase volume even when the call volume is set on default. I have bad hearing and was using VolumeCare until I got the Centro. I now have uninstalled it. But it does work great.
    Right now ANY reset will put the default call volume settings. There are several apps you can buy that will allow for a soft reset and ALL go back to default call volume.

We should get back to the thread "15 Puzzle".

Sorry it's partly my fault.

Quickster... I like the updated Quick15.
    Last edited by floridatony; 06/16/2008 at 08:49 AM.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    I'll think about that but remember, this was written as an alternative to having to remove the battery to do a soft reset. And if I start adding features then it defeats its original purpose.

Carl
    Carl,

For soft reset, I'm using a free software called "Soft Reset".
    http://www.pocketgear.com/en_US/html...id=prod6765079
    But this one doesn't retain the call volume setting either. I use that program to reset about once a week just to get rid of lag. And I always forget to turn up the call volume after taking to somebody and keep saying "what did you say?" a few times.

By retaining the call volume after your soft reset, you are actually fixing a Palm BUG. A soft reset is not suppose to change user settings... especially something as major as call volume. Since you wrote this for your wife phone, I'm sure if you ask her opinion, she will want this feature as well. This is assuming her call volume is different than the default setting.
    Last edited by MR2Reef; 06/16/2008 at 03:16 PM.
  6.    #26  
    Been using Quick15 and QuickLite a lot so I have come up with two last feature requests which are pretty much related. One would be a reset game to beginning so if I make a mistake or think it might be record setting run I can try the same puzzle again. If that is not possible how about using the random seed generator for all shuffles so that as long as I know the game number I can replay it anytime.

I tried to beam a game to a friend but it didn't work, have you tested out that feature?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Does this have to be installed via HOTSYNC? Doesn't seem to be working OTA (doesn't show up in applications).

Okay, I added the missing 'X' back to the application and I think that is about it. Still looking at adding code to save the current game but then I am also thinking like you that each game is so short that there are not too many reasons to save it.

Also, I finished my Centro flashlight, aptly named 'QuickLight' or 'QuikLite' on the screen. Not too much too it. Start the app and it saves your current screen brightness setting as well as saving your current auto-off time. It sets the screen to full brightness and the auto-off timer to 60 minutes.

When you exit the app it restores your screen brightness setting and your auto-off setting.

To exit the app just touch the screen anywhere. That's it, plain and simple.

Carl

BTW, I have not settled on my icon just but theone I used should be okay.
    I clicked the link to download and all it did was place a "attachment.php" file in the Blazer/download folder on my SD card. Where's the PRC file?
    I do have a cleaned up version with the PRNG working quite well and also the beam game working.

Will post it tonight when I get home, which might be late.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Okay, here is my update which is version 1.0. I updated my post on the first page with the new version and also including it here.

Give it a go and let know how it works for you.

Carl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by quickster; 08/03/2008 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Upload version 1.2
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Give it a go and let know how it works for you.

Carl
    It'd be much improved if it saved it's state between executions.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    It'd be much improved if it saved it's state between executions.
    I looked at doing that, saving the game state upon exiting, and do have a version that saves the current game. But usually it is such a 'Quick' play that I abandoned the idea. However, I can bring it back without too much trouble, I think.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I like the "Hall of Fame" list. One small possible improvement:

The first game I played went into the #1 slot of the 5 available. The second game I played didn't beat the #1 score, but it was not placed into the #2 slot. The 3rd game I played, I beat the #1 score, pushing the previous #1 to #2.

Shouldn't the first 5 games be put into the "Hall of Fame" and then the only time the "Hall" would be superceeded is if any following games beat at least score #5?

Also, what is "Game Seed"?
    I looked at doing that, saving the game state upon exiting, and do have a version that saves the current game. But usually it is such a 'Quick' play that I abandoned the idea. However, I can bring it back without too much trouble, I think.

Carl
    It would allow me to interrupt the game briefly to do something else and come back to the where I was in the game. That would be a plus for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    I clicked the link to download and all it did was place a "attachment.php" file in the Blazer/download folder on my SD card. Where's the PRC file?
    That has to be a TreoCentral thing as I have no control of the OTA distribution.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    It is a TreoCentral thing, just rename the attachment.php file to Quick15.prc and you will be fine.
    Any new features or updates?
    I hope to have finished this afternoon an update to the Quick 15 Hall of Fame that will allow you three ways to keep score when you seed a game.

Also finished the save game functioality when you quit preference so the game board can be saved and restored.

Hmm, that's about it. Oh, I did make a new exit 'X' for the main page.

Carl
    Last edited by quickster; 08/03/2008 at 06:30 AM.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Okay, here is the latest version of my 15 puzzle game.

There are several nice changes that will hopefully fullfil all the requests.

Enjoy it and do let me know how this one plays for you.

Carl

BTW, I did update all the other links in this thread and the readme should have most of the needed information
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Any updates of Quick15?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast