1.    #1  
    I see several generic SD memory cards for sale on eBay for cheap.

Anyone have an offbrand? Any trouble?
    i was wondering the same thing. somebody told me to get the cheapest sdhc 8gb class 6 card, and you should be golden. i haven't purchsed one yet though
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by robhurlburt View Post
    i was wondering the same thing. somebody told me to get the cheapest sdhc 8gb class 6 card, and you should be golden. i haven't purchsed one yet though
    You have a 680, right? I thought the 680 only supported up to 4gb.

EDIT: Nevermind, did a search and see that it is common to have more than 4gb cards working on the 680.
    Last edited by whitenack; 04/15/2008 at 12:11 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Also, do I need SD or SDHC? It seems there is compatibility issues between the two.
    if you are using your device to maintain important data, I frankly would hesitate, even avoid using a "cheap" generic card. The data I capture is important and deserves the best card I am capable of obtaining/using. Best incidentally does not necessarily mean "large," it means one that has a good track record.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    it means one that has a good track record.

Ben
    what one do you suggest them. I will only be using mine to store movies, games, and mp3s
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    I've always bought the cheapest I could find from a company I felt sure I could get my money back from if it failed, so for example, I like to see an bricks and mortar address on the website, not just a non-geographic phone and box number. Like you, the data on mine isn't irreplaceable, which I guess makes a difference.

I'm currently using an Integral 16GB class 6 sdhc card with my 680 btw.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Yes, but if you are maintaining important data and the card fails you, you may be up the creek. I use mine for work related purposes and the data I capture involves hours of work - a cheap card is just not worth the chance. I stick with SanDisk and now use the tiny cards in my 700P, so all of the devices are running the same 2gb cards.

Ben