1.    #1  
    I have been using the freeware micro-money (stingersoft money manager) for a year now. I really like it, but it makes it tough to purge old transactions (without messing up the balance) and does not allow me to put transactions into categories in order to track spending. I have downloaded and tried SplashMoney and Bahsoft-BankBook. I like both of them (bankbook looked better) but both lack the ability to automatically enter repeating transactions on a specified date/ interval, which micro-money does well. I don't own or plan to own any desktop software such as M$-Money or Quicken, I want a stand-alone app.

Can someone recommend software with the rich features of Bahsoft-BankBook and the ability to enter repeating transactions like micro-money?

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff
    Jeff,
    Not exactly sure if this is the solution but I've been using Iambic's AllMoney for over a year and am very pleased. I'm pretty sure you can have repeating events and the customer support is excellent. Hope this helps and if you have any other questions please post again.

Jim
    After using SplashMoney, Ultrasoft Money, and BankBook, I finally decided on PocketMoney. I also do not use a PC banking software and rely on it to keep my checking, savings, and credit cards balances in check. It handles repeating debits and credits and has a VERY easy interface.

The author is very nice and quite responsive about bugs and/or requests. It is also not cripple-ware, however after 30 days it turns into nag-ware.

-Trotsky
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Trotsky
    After using SplashMoney, Ultrasoft Money, and BankBook, I finally decided on PocketMoney.
    thanks a lot trotsky, and everyone else who replied. I have downloaded pocket money and it is very nice. I spend too much for software and $30 qualifies as too much, but it is cheap compared with buying quicken plus pocket-quicken. Havn't looked at allmoney yet but I will check it out.

I think after this purchase I will have spent as much on software as I did for the visor in the first place, but that's another thread.
    I also use Accounts & Loans, it is a freeware program that will support 3 accounts, when you register (for a fee) it then supports unlimited accounts. I have been using it for 4 months and I like it. It lets you place automatic payments and also keep track of 3 loans as well.
    Son mis dos centados!
    I second the vote for Accounts and Loans if you are using it as a stand-alone application. I used it for a long time before I switched to PocketQuicken 2.0. As Rambler said, you can program automatic transactions. It does not have the auto-fill capability, but I used POP! Hack with it to enter names of payees. The other nice thing about Accounts and Loans is that it you can use it in conjunction with Quik Budget. Whenever you enter a transaction in Accounts and Loans, it automatically enters it in Quik Budget. It's a great application and the support is great.
    I've been using PMT (Personal Money Tracker) for over a year and a half. It's great. But I don't bother with the PC/Desktop money programs. Probably because I don't have to!!
    Jeff you can use PocketMoney indefinitely without ever registering if you are hard up for cash. The only thing that changes after 30 days is that everytime you go to the Accounts List you have to endure a short nag screen.

Before registering, I kept my PMoney within the checking account screen 95% of the time so I almost never saw the nag screen.

-Trotsky
    I have been using Money tender, which is freeware, and it has been perfect for me. Manage up to 10 different accounts, easy deletion/ updating of entries without messing up current balance, and comes complete with text fill in.

I highly recommend it for everyone. You can find it by doing a search for it at Palmgear.
    I tried most of the above. For the money, SplashMoney works best for me. It has seamless integration into Quicken 99-2001, is $20 and has
    color support. Registered it last week to use for my business.
    I like SplashMoney as well -- good support. However, I'm not using it to it's full potential -- just using it as an "Expense Plus" type tool.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by gadgetguru
    I tried most of the above. For the money, SplashMoney works best for me. It has seamless integration into Quicken 99-2001, is $20 and has
    color support. Registered it last week to use for my business.
    you mean, finally another piece of software that syncronizes with desktop software besides Pocket Quicken and UltraSoft. Nice. I will tell you though, UltraSoft has met my every need. It even has more features than my iPaq Money app. I like being able to see bills that are upcoming, overdue, and paid.

I would like to see what 3.0 or whatever has in store, I can't imagine what improvement can be made upon UltraSoft money.
    Originally posted by timmins

you mean, finally another piece of software that syncronizes with desktop software besides Pocket Quicken and UltraSoft.
    GadgetGuru's comment that SplashMoney has "seamless integration with Quicken" is incorrect and extreamly misleading.

Splash Money does not provide synchronization with Quicken. It still relies on secondary files to exchange data with the desktop. The Splash money documentation itself illustrates this fact:

"After transferring transactions from SplashMoney to Quicken you may wish to update the ending balance so it matches Quicken ... if you record transactions in both Quicken and SplashMoney the balances will not match"

Pocket Quicken and UltraSoft Money are the ONLY two palm applications that provide seamless two way single step connectivity to their respective desktop applications.
    Sorry. I only input data on my handheld, not the desktop. So, when I
    sync and then open Quicken, I am asked if I want to import the new
    items. I haven't tried going from Quicken to the Visor.
    I'll second the recommendation for PMT (Personal Money Tracker). It is fast and simple, and may take care of your (almost) all personal financials . If you do not use a PC-side money program (which I don't) this is the tool for you. You may also use the accompanying conduit to convert your records into CSV files and fiddle with them using Excel. There also is the stock tracking program PST, which works integrated with PMT so that you may track your investment accounts as well.

I'll say PMT is among my mostly used applications list.

ET