1.    #1  
    I just purchased a Treo 750 and am running GOOD. How do I sync my Outlook contacts (on laptop) to GOOD contacts on Treo? Thanks for your help.
    Unfortunately there isn't a way to do that (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK) $in$ $the$ $manner$ $similar$ $to$ $the$ $blackberries$.

GMM is a replica of your exchange contacts, therefore you must import your contacts to your Exchange Outlook mailbox, for it to sync to GMM.

GMM doesn't support local/USB syncing.
    I must be misunderstanding the question because I thought this was easy. I also have a 750 and need to keep my contacts in synch from my home computer and my work computer (exchange outlook). I have v 4.9.3.21. I simply activesync via USB at home and then have to do the same at work. Once my contacts are activesynched into my work computer they then show up in GMM contacts.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    I must be misunderstanding the question because I thought this was easy. I also have a 750 and need to keep my contacts in synch from my home computer and my work computer (exchange outlook). I have v 4.9.3.21. I simply activesync via USB at home and then have to do the same at work. Once my contacts are activesynched into my work computer they then show up in GMM contacts.
    You bring up a good point that i hadn't considered. Your method will work, but seems a bit cumbersome.

I did wish that GMM would open their app up a bit, but so far, no bites.
  5.    #5  
    My problem is that work uses Lotus Notes and GMM is looking for contacts in Lotus Notes. My company has decided not to activate the synch between GMM contacts and Lotus Notes. My previous phone, Cingular 8125, used Pocket Outlook as default contact database, which I was easily able to usb synch with Outlook. The new phone, after loading GMM, uses GMM contacts as default...WHICH SUCKS (Thanks GOOD, for hijacking my phone). This is significant because the phone looks to default database for caller i.d. and home screen search. My only option is to manually enter all contacts in GMM...I have over 400. This also leaves me with no backup option once contacts are loaded into GMM. If anyone has a work around for this problem I would be eternally grateful!! Is it possible to change default contacts back to Pocket Outlook?
    Quote Originally Posted by q4etria View Post
    My problem is that work uses Lotus Notes and GMM is looking for contacts in Lotus Notes. My company has decided not to activate the synch between GMM contacts and Lotus Notes. My previous phone, Cingular 8125, used Pocket Outlook as default contact database, which I was easily able to usb synch with Outlook. The new phone, after loading GMM, uses GMM contacts as default...WHICH SUCKS (Thanks GOOD, for hijacking my phone). This is significant because the phone looks to default database for caller i.d. and home screen search. My only option is to manually enter all contacts in GMM...I have over 400. This also leaves me with no backup option once contacts are loaded into GMM. If anyone has a work around for this problem I would be eternally grateful!! Is it possible to change default contacts back to Pocket Outlook?
    Try this:

On the PC, in Notes, go to your Inbox.
    Select the Action menu
    Select the Synchronize Address Book option (if it is there).

This is what I have to do. The synch is not automatic, so additions and updates, on either side, have to be manually synched the same way.

Synchronoze Journal is the option for synching memos to/from the PDA and Notes.

If you are asking how to get the Outlook contacts from the PC side into Notes, then you will need to create an Excel file. Export the Outlook data to Excel (possibly through a CSV file). Then you need to check your Notes contacts properties to get the correct field names used. Lable the Excel columns to EXACTLY match the Notes field names. NB: There are a load of Notes fields!

Save the Excel file in 1-2-3 format (extention is important), and use the Import ability in Notes to bring in the data. I did this recently, and while it was a real pain to get the Excel file built - and the import is not clear (there are some selections that I cannot recall off-hand), it does work.

Malcom

Edit:

I just recalled the missing steps!

After creating the 1-2-3 file (wk4 file extension), open Notes Contacts.
    File->Import
    Change File Type to 1-2-3, select the correct file and click "Import"
    Leave "Import as" as "Main Documents"
    Select "Contact" in the "Using Form" list
    Set Column Format as "Defined by WKS title"
    Select "Calculate fields on form during document import" checkbox
    Click "OK"

This should bring in all the contacts from your 1-2-3 file.

Simple, eh?
    Last edited by mgriffith; 04/25/2008 at 11:38 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgriffith View Post

Try this:

On the PC, in Notes, go to your Inbox.
    Select the Action menu
    Select the Synchronize Address Book option (if it is there).

This is what I have to do. The synch is not automatic, so additions and updates, on either side, have to be manually synched the same way.

Synchronoze Journal is the option for synching memos to/from the PDA and Notes.

If you are asking how to get the Outlook contacts from the PC side into Notes, then you will need to create an Excel file. Export the Outlook data to Excel (possibly through a CSV file). Then you need to check your Notes contacts properties to get the correct field names used. Lable the Excel columns to EXACTLY match the Notes field names. NB: There are a load of Notes fields!

Save the Excel file in 1-2-3 format (extention is important), and use the Import ability in Notes to bring in the data. I did this recently, and while it was a real pain to get the Excel file built - and the import is not clear (there are some selections that I cannot recall off-hand), it does work.

Malcom

Edit:

I just recalled the missing steps!

After creating the 1-2-3 file (wk4 file extension), open Notes Contacts.
    File->Import
    Change File Type to 1-2-3, select the correct file and click "Import"
    Leave "Import as" as "Main Documents"
    Select "Contact" in the "Using Form" list
    Set Column Format as "Defined by WKS title"
    Select "Calculate fields on form during document import" checkbox
    Click "OK"

This should bring in all the contacts from your 1-2-3 file.

Simple, eh?

That worked...awesome, thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by q4etria View Post
    That worked...awesome, thanks!!
    Hey, I am just glad I can help someone else after all the help others have given me over the years!