1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a good program that announces the caller not the number when the phone rings. I tried lightwav2, which I like and use for mp3 ringtones, but the announce feature says the phone number. I would like to it announce the name of the person from my phonebook. Is there such a program?

I have an AT&T Centro.
    easy, just record yourself saying the name of the person and use that as their ringtone. don't need a program.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    However, NachoB's suggestion places that file in main memory and though not normally a problem, we often like to add bunches of these files and eventually the no problem becomes a problem of no memory left. A ring-tone management application is a better solution, as the files/ring-tones are on the card.

Call Block and RingCare are 2 good programs that handle this.

Ben
    I use the AT&T website(Demo)speak & record, then download, then pass it through Ringcare & works great(through my micro card). I have it for certain callers or even texts, like "Text from Tony" or "Sir Rhino You Got A Call From An Unknown Caller" female voice of course...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    lighwav have this feature (but they announce the numbers rather than the name)
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    easy, just record yourself saying the name of the person and use that as their ringtone. don't need a program.
    I tried it and placed different mp3 songs in my contact list for various Ringtones, but only one song plays for each different caller.

Please advise,

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre