1.    #1  
    I just migrated from a Treo 650 to Centro (AT&T). On the Treo, pressing the alt key after the numbers 1,2, or 3 would bring up choices for TRUE fractions (1/4, 1/2, 3/4) and TRUE exponents (1,2,3). I know that these characters are in the character set because I can cut and paste them from memos carried over from my 650. How do I find and type these characters on the Centro? Thanks for any help or suggestions.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone? Is this even possible on a Centro?
    The treo 755p doesn't do that.
    My 680 does not do that and my Centro does not do that. Will see if I can find my old 650 and see if it really does such a thing.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    that's a cool trick that I never knew about my 650. tried it and it works if you hit alt after the number 1 (for the fractions). tried it on my centro and couldnt figure out how to do it either.
    Quite interesting. Finally located my retired 650 and voila, it does work on my 650 as well. Have to do some more investigation with my 680 and Centro.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    When in text entry mode, try "Edit" and "Keyboard Help" to see what characters are possible. Saves time looking. Someone try this on other models.

FastFrank
    PS. Promote Centro w/this signature on your emails

Sent by Palm Pilot Centro©
    FastFrank
    I had to setup shortcuts to get the fractions.
    Basically, you have to put the fractions into the Palm desktop, hotsync, then copy-paste them into the shortcut application.
    see this thread.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=fractions
    Would someone on a PC simply include fractions in a response so we could copy them?
    FastFrank
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank View Post
    Would someone on a PC simply include fractions in a response so we could copy them?
    You want this?

¼ ¾ ½
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Yup, looks like they took the feature out with the change of the alt key funtionality after the 650