View Poll Results: I fit as one of the following Centro Owners

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • First Palm product - Knew nothing of 700p problems but it doesn't concern me.

    10 12.82%
  • First Palm product - Knew nothing of 700p problems but wish I had known this before buying.

    6 7.69%
  • Knew of PALM's product and support failures but am confident that this one will be different.

    39 50.00%
  • Knew of PALM's product and support failures but figure there is little to lose for such cheap price.

    18 23.08%
  • PALM's product and support disasters are preventing me from buying this thing.

    5 6.41%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 92
  1. waldo15's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #41  
    Indeed I realize that. However, every time someone posts anything in here, the crowd jumps immediately either by saying "you are wrong" or "you don't need that feature, for the Centro is the truth".

    I wish the forums would go back to helping people instead of hard pitching hardware that may/may not be flawed. Part of helping someone is telling them no. If someone really want WiFi in their phones, well PalmOS and the Centro are not for them and, seriously, it's OK to tell them no, this piece of hardware is not for you.

    I loved Treocentral forums because they used to help folks, rather than patronize or evangelize technology. Maybe those were the golden years when Palm roamed the Earth free, giving us 650 beauty and smartphone perfection. Nowadays, it has become more between a doomsday clock forum and a Sunday evangelical gathering. Helping hands are these days lacking.

    I truly believe Bob-C had that intention, to help those newcomers by highlighting the big blemish in Palm's history. Bob-C had that intention in mind if not the best choice of words. For the newcomers into the smartphone arena, they have to be aware that support for your new device can go only as far as the parent company wants. For the 700p (and 755p is you think about it) was extremely short, that's the precedent and if you are OK with it then its cool. Actually we do this on a daily basis, whether is buying a new car, signi up for a service or looking for he best deal online. We look for precedents, specially the negative ones. If we don't have those, down the road we may get screwed one way or the other. Bob-C's intention was that, and if anyone has doubts of his intentions, please take a look at what he achieved when trying to help people that had a 700p.

    So yes, the Centro is not for me. For one reason or another I moved beyond the Entry-level Smartphone arena, and I am now moved into the heavy Power user arena. Steven Sinclair, former Senior Product Manager of of Palm (maker of the Centro) ditched the Power users a while ago (his words, not mine, please read his letter), so I can see where Palm's sights are.

    However I loved Palm for the good that gave me, and I just don't like the anymore because they did burn me significantly. I do have stories and information that I feel can be useful for many PalmOS newcomers so I am willing to give them advice.

    How many regular cell phones users buy huge additional batteries?
    Well, according to the Battery store wehere I had to buy 2 batteries for my wife's old crappy-phone, they do get most of their money out of cell-phone batteries and laptop batteries... go figure

    And regarding the largest battery EOL, if you read Palm info center's piece, they say Palm locked out 3rd party battery vendors for the Centro, I guess my Seidio sarcasm is lost in actual irony... I am just saying that those who come from a cereal-box phone will soon realize how important is battery life when using the Centro as techno-geeks intendeed to be. Go ahead, try to use a Centro the exact same amount of hours as your cereal-box phone without ever seeing the power plug...
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
  2. #42  
    It is not that the Centro is not all that... heck, for that matter the 650/680/700p/755p are all that, they all share the same sould and if anything have different skins. But how many first time users are aware of those functions? How many are indeed using them?
    So assuming most users are not aware of the Palm devices being capable of the functions listed (which is a HUGE assumption), how exactly does that point out a fault in the Centro?

    You could just as easily not be aware that your new WM6 device has X feature...
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post

    I wish the forums would go back to helping people instead of hard pitching hardware that may/may not be flawed. Part of helping someone is telling them no. If someone really want WiFi in their phones, well PalmOS and the Centro are not for them and, seriously, it's OK to tell them no, this piece of hardware is not for you.
    If I have experience with a device's high speed internet, don't you think it is helpful to tell others how well it works, and they may want to rethink wifi (depending on their reason for wanting/needing it)?

    Telling someone how well a device works isn't necessarily being evangelistic for Palm. We may actually be stating our opinion that the thing works well for us. If it didn't work well, I would say so. I have no vested interest in Palm.

    I'm not saying everyone's needs are the same as mine, but I do know what works for me. What's wrong with stating my experience? I find it helpful when others state theirs.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    Indeed I realize that. However, every time someone posts anything in here, the crowd jumps immediately either by saying "you are wrong" or "you don't need that feature, for the Centro is the truth".

    I wish the forums would go back to helping people instead of hard pitching hardware that may/may not be flawed. Part of helping someone is telling them no. If someone really want WiFi in their phones, well PalmOS and the Centro are not for them and, seriously, it's OK to tell them no, this piece of hardware is not for you.

    I loved Treocentral forums because they used to help folks, rather than patronize or evangelize technology. Maybe those were the golden years when Palm roamed the Earth free, giving us 650 beauty and smartphone perfection. Nowadays, it has become more between a doomsday clock forum and a Sunday evangelical gathering. Helping hands are these days lacking.
    You know Waldo, for someone who doesn't own a Centro or frequent this sub-forum often on TC, you are sure being judgemental and patronizing to the users here merely because they happen to be enjoying their devices.

    It's very off-putting. This forum is all about people helping each other and I suggest if you have such a problem with the users and the TC writing staff, perhaps it is time for a change?

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5. #45  
    Malatesta,
    That is so true. I read thru all of this, actually can't believe I am reading this.
    Phones are like cars or anything else you buy, unless its a monopoly, there are choices. Some based on services, some based on prices.
    I have tried Palm and Windows. I do feel Windows will do more, but went straight back to Palm.
    I did not like Windows - too complicated, too small, reminded me of my computer.
    A phone is a phone, a smartphone is just that - it has additional features. Some people need more features than others, then there are higher priced, less advertised devices they should buy.
    The Cento and other older Palm devices have allowed the masses, including myself and many people here, to get additional services easily. I don't want a portable computer, I want a phone that will easily do things for me at a reasonable price.
    I tried Windows and couldn't see them damn thing to see what buttons to hit, swipe, or close. The Palm is simple, one handed, type, touch, it works - inside, outside, in the sun. For people on the go, it couldn't be easier.

    As far as the forums, I'm tired of rants and raves. If you don't like it, put it on Ebay, buy a newer, more expensive device, and go to their forum.

    I have gained so much from people helping people, improving, and hints, helps me use mine better. I haven't felt too much of that lately.

    And in two years, that is after spending $4.125 per month on my phone, most of us will be in the same turnover area and we can look for a phone that incorporates the wish lists.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    Indeed I realize that. However, every time someone posts anything in here, the crowd jumps immediately either by saying "you are wrong" or "you don't need that feature, for the Centro is the truth".
    You did exactly what you mentioned. You don't like your device, you are free to switch to other device. You can talk about why you dislike. Why people can't say what they like. I would suggest don't take it personally.

    I truly believe Bob-C had that intention, to help those newcomers by highlighting the big blemish in Palm's history. Bob-C had that intention in mind if not the best choice of words.
    I don't guess people intention. To be fair, some posters just suggested to have more options for other posters to choose to avoid misleading people. Anything wrong?

    However I loved Palm for the good that gave me, and I just don't like the anymore because they did burn me significantly. I do have stories and information that I feel can be useful for many PalmOS newcomers so I am willing to give them advice.
    I am wondering how many people REALLY need the advice. Currently I introduced Centro to two colleagues (1st time Smartphone user). Both of them bought the Centro and showed it to me. I told them the Centro can do a lot of stuffs and offered them the help. Below is our conversation:

    GFONG: It is a very good device and you can do a lot of things using this phone.
    USERS: I know how to use it. I use it as a phone and text message. It is an excellent device."
    GFONG: You can use the device to listen music.
    USERS: I have iPod.
    GFONG: Fine. I would suggest you to change some settings to prolong the battery life.
    USERS: It doesn't matter. If no power, I will plug it to the power source.

    I found that we always try to help people but they may not want it. (Only my experience, I am not saying offering help to people is bad. Indeed, I like helping people.)

    And regarding the largest battery EOL, if you read Palm info center's piece, they say Palm locked out 3rd party battery vendors for the Centro, I guess my Seidio sarcasm is lost in actual irony... I am just saying that those who come from a cereal-box phone will soon realize how important is battery life when using the Centro as techno-geeks intendeed to be. Go ahead, try to use a Centro the exact same amount of hours as your cereal-box phone without ever seeing the power plug...
    Benefits vs Drawbacks. It is similar to people buying ASUS eee. Do they expect the performance of eee is as good as a $3000 light weight notebook equipped with Duo 2 Core 2GHZ? I believe people will adjust their expectation accordingly. For me, I charge my phone every night regardless whether it is a smartphone or Nokia phone. I want to make sure I get full power when I wake up in the morning. Even two days short trip, I also bring the charger for my Nokia phone. I see a lot of people in my office keep asking others to lend them the charger (for their Moto / Nokia) phones. My conclusion is it depends on individuals usage pattern.

    IMHO, I found that the new Palm management has done the good jobs. At least Palm came out a lot of fixes during the new management era. I believe the number of fix is more than the total of last two year. (I maybe wrong because I did not really count. ) To be fair, we all should judge their performance based on current situation not the history.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    You know Waldo, for someone who doesn't own a Centro or frequent this sub-forum often on TC, you are sure being judgemental and patronizing to the users here merely because they happen to be enjoying their devices.

    It's very off-putting. This forum is all about people helping each other and I suggest if you have such a problem with the users and the TC writing staff, perhaps it is time for a change?
    Malatesta - It states that in your profile that you own: "Treo 700wx; and Treo 650". Do you own a Centro as well? I am guessing that in your job of doing the Treocast with Dieter and your involvement working for WMExperts that you have several phones for review purposes. Which phone do you use as your primary? With your WMExperts affiliation, wouldn't you have to use a Windows Mobile phone more than anything else?

    You seem to take too many comments from me or Waldo as a personal attack against you. If one of us provides feedback as to what type of stories we would like to see Treocentral cover, why would you perceive that as a personal attack on you? We've all given Dieter similar feedback over the years and he always responds with a positive attitude. He was also a great help to me in writing the original letter to Palm concerning the 700p. When he looked over my first draft of the letter, he recommended removing several pieces. I didn't take his critique personally. I took a step back and saw a lot of his points. It resulted into editing the letter down for the better. I still thank him for it. Do you think he would have helped with the letter had he thought it bitter or sour grapes as you are accusing us of?
    Last edited by Bob-C; 04/22/2008 at 01:48 PM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    Bob-C has, however, a much valid point. The history is there and there's a tangible trail that leads to Palm "forgetting" about its flagship products very shortly after releasing them, once a new device makes it to the door. Who is to say the Centro love won't dissapear once the often-rumored, somewhat-confirmed 800w makes it to the market in the coming months? Centro users be warned.

    You guys have to keep in mind the very fact that Palm has a history of not supporting their own products in full. Keep that in mind when an important bug appears in the Centro and hope that Palm fixes it right away, or even fixes it at all.
    That is exactly my point. Thank you for expressing that.

    I am very happy that the Centro is working well. Everyone should still understand though, that once Palm comes out with their newer OS Nova, which could be before end of year, that Palm's history trends towards Centro support being immediately discontinued. Does it not? Please answer that with a Yes or No. If Yes, then tell me what is wrong with my pointing this out to customers new to Palm? Are you telling everyone new to this forum that they have no right to know this information? Does telling them make me a very bad and bitter guy?
    Last edited by Bob-C; 04/22/2008 at 02:00 PM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  9. #49  
    Even if Palm doesn't do that, Sprint WILL.

    Sprint is 10x worse about that specific issue than Palm is and practically all support has to be funneled through Sprint anyways. So it is more or less a moot point.

    It's also not Palm specific at all, as Sprint loves to discontinue support on all types of phones.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Well bob

    It appears that you are still sucking sour grape Kool Aid thru a bendable straw in a really tall glass.

    My 700p is 2 years old next month and is extremely stable and fast. I've had Palm PDAs and Treos (650 '04 and 700p '06) and now a Centro ('07) too. I have always been happy with Palm and Palm OS products.

    Over the years of hanging out in Palm related forums, indicates to me that most people screw up the device with installing crappy apps, over stuffing the RAM and have no ability to troubleshoot what they did.

    I would have thought by now, that if Palm and the 700p abused you so badly, that you would have moved on to something simple by now.

    A bit harsh? Yes, I am just tired of you and your Palm bashing.
    Now there you go again. From day one, you have said that there were never any problems with the Treo 700p. You've taken any and all opportunity to bash anyone who may have said so. I usually just take the high road and ignore your comments. But I would just like you to set the record straight. Because I don't see how you can possibly reconcile any of the following facts to keep your credibility intact:

    - Here is the link to the original campaign to get Palm to provide desperately need support for the 700p. The poll asks if users would support an open letter campaign to Palm to get a firmware update. If there are 99.99999% of 700p owners who are happy with Palm's support, then how is it that 410 persons voted they were unhappy and wanted a firmware update versus only 20 people who voted that none was needed. By the poll's math that is 95.35% who were unhappy with Palm's support. Please explain why the math is wrong. Was it just a bad sample of people? Is it because there was no way that the larger majority of people such as yourself took the time to read the hottest thread on the website at the time? If that is true then why were you one of the 20 who read it and voted No?

    - Here is the link to all the hapless Verizon 700p users who had SMS messages, the simplest of phone features, constantly lock up their Treos. They reproduced it on demand including straight out of the box! Are these people all liars or are all these the people whom you portray as idiots such that they, "screw up the device with installing crappy apps, over stuffing the RAM and have no ability to troubleshoot what they did.".

    - If there were never any major issues with the Treo 700p then WHY did Palm issue a Maintenance Release? Are the all people at Palm stupid or did they just release a fraudulent MR that did nothing?

    - Did you load the Maintenance Release on your Treo?

    I don't see anyway you can answer these questions without losing all credibility. I doubt you even have enough conviction to try spinning this somehow. If anything, it will be a typical redirect to some unrelated point in order to avoid changing your opinion to fit the facts.

    Can TreoTraveler Get Out of This?

    http://blog.dirkschuetze.de/wp-content/Kool-AidMan.jpg
    Last edited by Bob-C; 04/22/2008 at 02:02 PM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Bob-c,


    700p was crap--everyone knew it within days. Waiting for Palm to "fix it" was a dumb gamble.
    Faith should be for churches not companies.
    Malatesta,

    You just agreed with me. You said that Palm cannot be trusted to support their products with fixes. That it is a, "dumb gamble".

    ATTENTION CENTRO OWNERS: Pay attention to Malatesta: Trusting Palm to support their products is a, "dumb gamble"

    We are in agreement.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  12. #52  
    Well Bob

    I don't have enough conviction to waste my time with you. You are obviously an individual still pissed off with Palm for some reason.

    Could it be that you never figured out what you have done to your 700p.

    I don't have problems with Palm OS devices. It's quite apparent that you do.

    Isn't it about time you finally ween yourself from your bad attitude toward Palm?

    Why did it take you so long to reply to these posts? Could it be that Waldo gave you some inspirational courage?

    The majority of Palm users, here in T|C, and other forums, have good experiences with their chosen Palm devise.

    Not everyone is as narrow minded as you.

    As it has been said, this poll of yours is worthless.

  13.    #53  
    Now there you go again. I called you out and you couldn't even face a single question, eh? It was a no brainer to predict that you would just ignore the facts and change the subject to something intangible.

    Like I always say, people who talk out their **** never face up to what they are saying because they know how bad it smells. It is easier to just spew out more BS and run away.

    TreoTraveler Back on the Job
    http://blog.dirkschuetze.de/wp-content/Kool-AidMan.jpg
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  14. #54  
    Yo Bob

    If it was such a no brainer to predict my response, maybe you could use your no brainer to figure what you did to your 700p.

    Mine is fabulous. That means it works.

    I even beta testing for some developers with it. And use my fabulous Centro too. But I did retire my 650.

    If I had a device that kept beating me up, I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago and got a pink princess phone or a Nokia 3588i

    You know, something real simple that does not reguire any thought process.

    In all honesty, I doubt you would answer honestly, what is/was the purpose of this thread with poll?

    Based on the poll questions, and the thread title, it appears that your intention was to kill some Palm sales. But the respondents to this thread did not go along with what you most likely thought was a good plan.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Malatesta - It states that in your profile that you own: "Treo 700wx; and Treo 650". Do you own a Centro as well?
    Yes, bought one in October and still have it/use it (I just recently posted on the new Core Player in the 755p forum with my thoughts).

    True I should update my profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I am guessing that in your job of doing the Treocast with Dieter and your involvement working for WMExperts that you have several phones for review purposes. Which phone do you use as your primary? With your WMExperts affiliation, wouldn't you have to use a Windows Mobile phone more than anything else?
    My primary is a Centro and 700wx as I ESN swap frequently on Sprint (via Ensemble online switching). My other phones are Moto Q and 6700 and I have close friends with the Q9c and 6800 which I use often as well.

    As far as my affiliation with WMExperts, I'm not under any requirement to use any specific device or OS. When I do reviews, they are on multiple active WM devices. My knowledge on both OSs is quite substantive, imho.

    Re: personal attacks, no I do not feel that way--no harm, no foul. But I do think that there have been some sweeping generalizations about users in this forum which are unwarranted.

    Re: sour grapes, I think you two have now traveled down that path my starting this thread.

    Remember, I took some for you guys at MTN in helping with that letter...

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Malatesta,

    You just agreed with me. You said that Palm cannot be trusted to support their products with fixes. That it is a, "dumb gamble".

    ATTENTION CENTRO OWNERS: Pay attention to Malatesta: Trusting Palm to support their products is a, "dumb gamble"

    We are in agreement.
    The problem is the Centro has no obvious or glaring problems like the 700p did.

    i.e. those problems you had should have been enough to return the device if it bothered you so much but many of you held out assuming Palm would release a fix (many at MTN of course thought you were nuts in the first place).

    The Centro, by contrast works just fine and has no major bugs or problems. I'm not even sure what a ROM update would fix at this point besides adding Google Maps "My Location", which is not a fix but an addition.

    No one here has a buggy device that they are waiting with baited breath for Palm to fix. Major difference. We don't even a "bug collection" thread.

    Don't twist my words.

    My point is, if you have such problems with a device that it impinges on your use of it or you are plain unhappy with it, assuming and waiting for a company to "fix it" is dumb since that is not guaranteed. You should have just returned it if it made you that unhappy.

    Satisfaction of the Centro, otoh as evidenced by this forum, is very high so this is non-issue.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 04/22/2008 at 03:17 PM.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  17. #57  
    He and many others here were able to get some response from Palm eventually. My old 650 is dying and I will soon be joining the ranks of Centro owners. I do so with trepidation that they still have problems (the 5-way comes to mind as something that may be weak- people here have had problems with it).

    The Palm 700P is the phone I wanted to get, and still would prefer if it hadn't had the problems Bob C and others documented. I saw that the solution to the 700P problems in some cases was worse than the illness, but it forced Palm to make the 755 a bit better, and it seems the Centro a bit better than the 755p.

    I regret that I will have to switch away from SD cards and a larger KB, screen and battery, but Palm has left me with no other option. Reports are that the Centro is greatly improved. If they could put its guts in a new phone with a bigger screen, battery, keyboard, and that used standard SD cards... you'd have what the 700P should have been years ago.

    I still like the Palm OS better than other choices, but feel cheated that I will have to compromise on (card/screen/batt/KB) real estate to stay with them. I would have preferred to hold out even longer, for the Palm OS2, in hopes that they will WOW us again with little-to-no new or old bugs, but my 650 is not long for this world, and I hesitate to be a burned early adopter anyway.

    Yeah, I'm going with Palm again, but I do not know if I can reccommend it to anyone not very patient and willing to tinker and tweak it. I'm going scarrily through the Palm graveyard, hoping the boogeyman doesn't get me.

    By the way, that graveyard has lots of coffins with lots of nails in them. Yet we can still say "It's ALIVE"!!!
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  18. #58  
    to make the 755 a bit better, and it seems the Centro a bit better than the 755p.
    I still see no real hard evidence that the Centro is actually more stable or problem free than the 755p. This is from both personal use and this board. Sure you see some people claiming X failures on the 755p, so they moved to Centro, or the reverse, but I have not seen real evidence showing that one performs better than the other with an identical setup.

    Simple fact is having to tweak ppc's to get them to work isn't Palm specific at all. For how long did WM5 and WM6 not close apps when you click the X button? That means if you don't install a 3rd party app or manage your apps manually, you will run out of memory. That's just a simple, blatant example.
  19. #59  
    Is this true? If so I could go for a 755P even if it is more money and get my larger KB/screen/& battery. I do not have statistics, but the general sense I get from these boards is the Centro is better. Is this a matter of perception of intangibles?

    Who has had both and can comment? (I do not care about the Centro being smaller as a positive, actually I like the bigger form factor).
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    The problem is the Centro has no obvious or glaring problems like the 700p did.

    i.e. those problems you had should have been enough to return the device if it bothered you so much but many of you held out assuming Palm would release a fix (many at MTN of course thought you were nuts in the first place).

    The Centro, by contrast works just fine and has no major bugs or problems. I'm not even sure what a ROM update would fix at this point besides adding Google Maps "My Location", which is not a fix but an addition.

    No one here has a buggy device that they are waiting with baited breath for Palm to fix. Major difference. We don't even a "bug collection" thread.
    I am happy about that. I would not have known had I not started this thread and it is good information for a consumer to know. But support of past products is something a consumer should always weigh in with this knowledge before gambling their money on a product.

    Don't twist my words.

    My point is, if you have such problems with a device that it impinges on your use of it or you are plain unhappy with it, assuming and waiting for a company to "fix it" is dumb since that is not guaranteed. You should have just returned it if it made you that unhappy.
    That was not so obvious at the time. I had great experiences with my Visor, 270, 600 and 650. When problems occurred on the 700p early on, snotty people with condescending attitudes did their best to convince everyone that it was something they did wrong on their Treo. Palm's support people reinforced that for almost a year by misinforming people that there were no known issues. Then after almost a year, Palm admitted to them all. All the prior Palm products had swift support updates when problems were encountered. Remember how quickly the 650 had the NVRAM fix? How was I to know what was going on here? How should any of us have known? We all trusted them for years. In my mind, trusting Palm to support their products was not a gamble. It was a given.

    In hindsight, you are correct in that it was a dumb gamble on my part. I should not have assumed that Palm was going to support their product until it was fixed. It was a very dumb gamble. That begs the question though. How is one to know which ones will be fine out of the box and supported for years from which ones which will have issues straight out of the box and then dumped when it becomes too inconvenient to support? Is it really so bad of me to let the consumers know what happened with Palm's past support and then let them weigh it with other information about the product to decide whether it is a dumb gamble or not to spend money on?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions