1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can receive direct push email to my Treo 650 through a Microsoft Exchange account? (Note: I don't want to sync my calendar or contacts with the Exchange server - just direct push email.)

Thanks!

Steve

(Ps. I already posted this days ago in the 650 forum, but no one has replied there yet, probably because this is an older unit, so I thought I'd try my luck here. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.)
  2.    #2  
    Surely *someone* here must know something, no? I could really use some help. I've gotta get this figured out soon.

Thanks!

Steve
    Doesn't chatter allow you to do this? I know versamail would take over your contacts (not sure about the calendar).
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply, cavingjan! Unfortunately, Chatter no longer offers this. More info in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=135215.

Any other suggestions? Getting pretty desperate here...

Thanks again!

Steve
    Chatter mail dropped EAS support? That should be significant news to some people. You might want to ask that in the Chattermail forum.
    Go to chatteremail.com and ask on those forums. There are 2 Chatter-based solutions. First, and easiest in my opinion, is to use IMAP with the exchange server if possible. It's just a configuration switch on the server end if the maintainers will do it for you. The second solution is to use Chatter EAS support. It was split off and is/was handled by a second party. You should be able to find out where this support is from on chatteremail.com
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Flow View Post
    Surely *someone* here must know something, no? I could really use some help. I've gotta get this figured out soon.

Thanks!

Steve
    Versamail will do this and you can turn off the syncing of contacts
    and calendar. (I do just the opposite: use Chatteremail for email,
    and Versamail for only contacts and calendar syncing.)

Be sure to get the Exchange Active Sync update for the 650
    from Palm (it's $10):

http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...id=prod6021701
    I am intrigued ... how do you set up Versamail to sync your contact and calendar? Is this syncing with PalmDesktop and is it both ways or do you use the handheld as the master?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Flow View Post
    Thanks for the reply, cavingjan! Unfortunately, Chatter no longer offers this. More info in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=135215.

Any other suggestions? Getting pretty desperate here...

Thanks again!

Steve
    Hey Steve,
    Can't you direct your email to a GMail account and use ChatterEmail to receive direct push mail from it (GMail) using IMAP?
    Quote Originally Posted by discobay View Post
    I am intrigued ... how do you set up Versamail to sync your contact and calendar? Is this syncing with PalmDesktop and is it both ways or do you use the handheld as the master?
    Do a search for EAS and you should find the instructions in the forums. You need to have access to an Exchange server. Consequently you will no longer be able to sync your contacts and calendar directly with Palm Desktop. This is an enterprise level option and you will probably be using Outlook.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for all the great info guys. I'm going to try some of these suggestions.