1.    #1  
    Anyone else have trouble sending pictures using their verizon 755p? My phone takes FOREVER to send a picture message, whether to e-mail or another phone. Like, maybe 15 minutes, no exaggeration. And it frequently stops and restarts, or just fails permanently. Just me? Not even worth trying to send.
    I had all kinds of problems with Verizon MMS. I could only send 1 out of 10 pictures without it giving me an error message. Something about the national network coverage 1x.... or just a plain connection error message. I was able to send the same picture with email just after getting the error message so I know I had good coverage.

I went though 3 or 4 700P's because they said it was hardware related. I eventually got a 755P and it did the same thing. I gave up and now just use email but to tell you the truth that now takes 15 or so minutes to send a picture taken with the phone. There is definately something wrong with the Verizon phones and sending pictures.

It will be interesting to see how others respond.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    I've had the same experience with verizon and my 755p. I thought is was just me. I've tried it in many different locations wondering if it was signal/tower related. On rare occasions, a picture goes through the first time, but usually VERY slowly. More often that not, I need to resend MANY times-doesn't matter where I am. If any one knows a fix for this or a better way to send pix, please post.

Thanks!
    What error messages do you get if any? As I said earlier I would get this unable to access national network coverage area 1X or something like that. It would then send them to my outbox. Other times I would just get a message saying there was a network error or something like that. It has been a few months since I gave up so I may be off a little on the wording. It is definatelay a Verizon software/network issue because I had the same problem with at least 4 phones. Nobody was able to figure it out so they exchanged phones. Email would always work when the MMS failed so it was not a coverage issue. Besides I live in NYC so if they do not have good coverage here, may as well give up. It would fail when I was on the street also.

I use email now but that has slowed to a crawl. I am thinking about hard resetting and reinstalling versamail but I am hestitating taking that step. It isn't it great that you have this fine piece of machinery but can not send pictures?
    Sorry, don't remember the exact error, but it was definately a network error message. I was in NYC--that was the worst!!! Tried it in a cab, on the street, top of the rock--no go. I did discover that sending pictures at night seems to go quicker--I do think it's a network problem...that 10%, 20% slooww sending....Never thought of the hardware--but you never know. Oh, btw, I just gave up on e-mail on the Treo. Mostly, I get junk mail and that push was just disabling my phone, constantly trying to connect to the internet. I do occasional surfing, but found the battery lasts much longer and the phone is 'happier' since I gave up the e-mail. Good Luck!
    I've had my 755 two weeks now & had the same MMS experience. I called Verizon. The rep had me turn off my phone & she reset my messaging access. Works perfectly now.
    I don't get a error messeage I just have to send my mms twice. It doesn't take 15min but there is a problem.
    Last edited by stayfly; 04/23/2008 at 01:19 AM.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    What do you mean to reset the messaging application?
    not sure what they "did".. I was just tld 2 turn off phone... a few minutes passed & she tld me 2 turn phone back on... she said "I reset ur messaging".. she tld me 2 send a mms 2 someone & voila it went through w/ that pesky error message appearing... I've had no problems w/ that issue since then
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirlga View Post
    I've had my 755 two weeks now & had the same MMS experience. I called Verizon. The rep had me turn off my phone & she reset my messaging access. Works perfectly now.
    Awesome! I will give this a try as well. This messaging thing is a joke!! Just about as slow as the rest of the darn phone!
  11.    #11  
    Bit of an update on this.... I called Verizon twice. First time, she had me pull the battery for 30 seconds. then put it back in and do a *228(99). I did that, then sent a picture message, and it seemed to work OK. Today, I was getting more error messages, and long send times. It does work, but not consistently.

Called back, and got someone who said she will open a ticket and check with the network department, and see if there's anything else they can change on their end. If not, they will most likely replace the phone. I'm willing to do that as well to see if some of my other issues with the phone are specific to my phone. So we'll see!
    Don't hold your breath thinking they will figure it out. I said earlier in this thread I went through a number of phones (700P's and 755p's) and nobody could figure it out. I went up to the highest level of VZN support and they gave up. The person I spoke with could not fix it so he told me he would call back but never did. I called back and he said he was still working on it and would call back. He never did. He gave up so I gave up. I can not tell you how many conversations I had with different levels of support at VZN. I even went into a store to show it malfunctioning to the tech support. There is definately something wrong with their MMS.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    Don't hold your breath thinking they will figure it out. I said earlier in this thread I went through a number of phones (700P's and 755p's) and nobody could figure it out. I went up to the highest level of VZN support and they gave up. The person I spoke with could not fix it so he told me he would call back but never did. I called back and he said he was still working on it and would call back. He never did. He gave up so I gave up. I can not tell you how many conversations I had with different levels of support at VZN. I even went into a store to show it malfunctioning to the tech support. There is definately something wrong with their MMS.
    Yeah, you know I'm reaaaaally hesitating trading my phone in to try and solve the problem. Especially if you already tried swapping phones and it didn't work. My current phone is pretty stable. I think switching to a refurb phone only opens me up to new issues. Still debating though...
    Do you have an unlimited data plan? Because if you do, you can use email to send pictures. I do not think swapping phones will fix anything. Let us know if you swap and it does fix the problem.