1.    #1  
    Anyone have the T-Mobile $5.99 T-MobileWeb plan and actually get their email and internet to work?

I have heard a lot of talk about sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, but actually wondering if there was anyone out there with first-hand experience who currently has this plan and is able to get it to work.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    Anyone have the T-Mobile $5.99 T-MobileWeb plan and actually get their email and internet to work?

I have heard a lot of talk about sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, but actually wondering if there was anyone out there with first-hand experience who currently has this plan and is able to get it to work.
    I had that plan. Yes I got it to work using the proxy (216.155.165.050 port 8080)
    The email worked fine also. You can browse any web site.
    I also use Palmary Clock Wireless. You can enter the proxy there and update the weather.

Now, that's all fine and good. But, you can't do more than that, i.e. chat programs, google maps, etc.

But if you're not for the above (I really wanted Google Maps), then stick with the $5.99 plan instead of the $19.99 plan (which includes Hotspots)
  3.    #3  
    How long ago did you have it, and did you have it on your Treo?

I have worked and worked the past week trying to get email and internet to work with no luck. I think I have tried all the settings suggested.
    I am currently using the tmobile 5.99 data plan with my treo680. I am able to browse the web with blazer. I also use versamail to get my gmail on the 680 without any problem. I am not able to use the google maps application. The only problem I have, which is no big deal, is that I have to go into the network preferences and change the network back to t-zones after every reset. Fortunately, I don't reset often. I haven't had any data outages in over 6 months in the new england area.
    I've been using T-Zones since it was $4.99. Now it's called T-Mobile Web. I'm grandfathered! All the statements above are true for me in the New York Metro area. Port 8080 (http proxy), and the ports used to send and receive e-mail.
    Visor Deluxe (Green)>Treo 180g>Treo 600 (GSM)*>*Treo 650 (GSM)