1.    #1  
    When I'm on a call and the call waiting comes up, I touch the screen to switch to the incoming call and the phone freezes. I have to take the battery out to reset loosing both calls in the process.

I'm thinking about using the hard key to switch rather than touching the screen, maybe that will eliminate the problem. I think it may be a Bluetooth conflict.

This happened with my 680 also.

Has anyone experienced this? Any fixes?
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
    Used to happen to me all the time. I suspected it was related to callfilter - not positive tho. Subsequently, reinstalled callfilter later on for other reasons - and I have not had a lockup of this type for as long as I can remember in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by dvkim View Post
    When I'm on a call and the call waiting comes up, I touch the screen to switch to the incoming call and the phone freezes. I have to take the battery out to reset loosing both calls in the process.

I'm thinking about using the hard key to switch rather than touching the screen, maybe that will eliminate the problem. I think it may be a Bluetooth conflict.

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc19108 View Post
    Used to happen to me all the time. I suspected it was related to callfilter - not positive tho. Subsequently, reinstalled callfilter later on for other reasons - and I have not had a lockup of this type for as long as I can remember in recent memory.
    Thanks, but not using callfilter.
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
    Could be related to general discussion here re lag in Centro (I am searching for it now!)

I notice that after switching the Centro on, answering the first call does not work (at least until call rings out), or making the first call hangs the phone for about 2 to 3 minutes before the number is dialled.

After the first one, all works fine, which of course is not good enough.

Thought it might be Ringo, uninstalled, but still same issue.

Any clues out there?
  5.    #5  
    Its not a bluetooth problem. It happened with out the bluetooth on the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvkim View Post

Do you have Ringo installed by any chance?
  7.    #7  
    No Ringo not installed.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    It's the Garnet OS' telephony stack. It's simply beng made to do too much when switching calls. ANY Palm OS-based smartphone with NVFS that I've ever used does this, with the 700p being the worst culprit, the 755p and 680 being somewhere in the middle and the Centro being the best (but still troublesome and annoying).

Issues such as this are why I gave up using my Treo as my primary telelphone and replaced it with a small dumbphone. I still carry the Treo daily, of course, but I just use it as a wireless PDA/e-mail machine.

P.S. Looking at your device history, I'll wager your Treo 600 (and the older Handspring Treos) never lagged like this!
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX