Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking for some Treo and Centro beta testers to test this app. Please pm me if you're interest.

Thanks!

http://wishsolutions.com/beta/CallBlock2.JPG
    I am using version 1.53 & love it! Can you summarize the changes?

Andrew
  3.    #3  
    OK, changes since previous release:

1. Block list and Allow list merged - is now Individual list.
    2. Multiple schedules (replacing AMS) - define up to 7 schedules
    3. Ability to apply any one of the 7 schedules for each individual / group caller.
    4. Use PocketTunes as ring tone player.
    5. Global mp3 ring tone - so you don't have to set the same mp3 file for each and every individual / group if you just prefer 1 same mp3 tone for all callers.
    6. Filter SMS sender from email addresses (see "Allow alphanumeric" feature).

Well, that's about it, I think.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I currently use 1.5x as well and would be willing to help test version 2.

Just out of curiosity, where you able to do anything about the ~2sec delay in getting a phone call in v2
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I currently use 1.5x as well and would be willing to help test version 2.

Just out of curiosity, where you able to do anything about the ~2sec delay in getting a phone call in v2
    I'm currently beta testing it. Under what conditions (settings) did you get this delay.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I was getting this delay just in general once I started using CallBlock. It was as if it was taking it a while to processes the caller ID info from Sprint to see if it should have my phone ring or not.
    I was getting this delay just in general once I started using CallBlock. It was as if it was taking it a while to processes the caller ID info from Sprint to see if it should have my phone ring or not.
    Called myself, took about 1.5 rings. Same outcome with CallBlock disabled.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  8.    #8  
    Also, check the Speed Test result in PalmInternals. How many seconds does it take to complete the test?
    So far the beta runs well. It successfully sent to voicemail five calls from a client that should not be calling me directly (I still have an old school pager for clients to reach me )

I remember I played with it sometime last year, it's definitely more streamlined. I was confused by the wording on a couple of the options back then. I haven't felt any type of a slow down, but now that it's been mentioned I'll look into how long the delay is on the other end. I got to open up my Outlook and see how large my contact list is...
    just realized...at least here in the South Florida area Sprint calls always have a 2-3 ring delay in which the phone rings for the person doing the calling, but the Sprint person hears nothing. I first realized this when I was calling someone that was coming to open a door for me while I was calling them.

The phone was "ringing" for me but the other person's phone didn't ring until my third ring. I did this several more times and THEN I started noticing it was the same way for other Sprint customers (when I knew someone had Sprint I'd ask, "how many times did it ring on your end").
    Dear Wang,

Please can you add the following FEATURES with version 2 :

Option to automatic response by SMS to blocked SMS or calls
    Option to automatic response by SMS to missed calls
    Option to automatic response by SMS to incoming SMS
    Option to protect with a password

Regards,
    Number1
    Last edited by number1; 04/16/2008 at 10:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fgjruiz View Post
    just realized...at least here in the South Florida area Sprint calls always have a 2-3 ring delay in which the phone rings for the person doing the calling, but the Sprint person hears nothing. I first realized this when I was calling someone that was coming to open a door for me while I was calling them.

The phone was "ringing" for me but the other person's phone didn't ring until my third ring. I did this several more times and THEN I started noticing it was the same way for other Sprint customers (when I knew someone had Sprint I'd ask, "how many times did it ring on your end").
    Sounds about right, although I've been taking 3-4 rings! Must be a Sprint thing then :-/
    Hi Wang

CallBlock 2.0 Beta 15 is working without and issues what so ever on my Sprint 700p and Centro.

I am liking this app. It does what it is suppose to do. I hope you don't load it down with extra bells and whistles. I likes it just the way it is.

I have used CallFilter, CallShield then to LightWav (LightWav over burdened with to much stuff). I moving to CallBlock 2.0.

14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by number1 View Post
    Please can you add the following FEATURES with version 2 :

Option to automatic response by SMS to blocked SMS or calls
    Option to automatic response by SMS to missed calls
    Option to automatic response by SMS to incoming SMS
    Option to protect with a password

Regards,
    Number1
    Thanks for the suggestions. There are plans to work on the first and the last feature items, but it will be AFTER the version 2.0 release. I'm not too sure I'll include item 2 & 3, I'll need to re-look at the system design.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    CallBlock 2.0 Beta 15 is working without and issues what so ever on my Sprint 700p and Centro.

I am liking this app. It does what it is suppose to do. I hope you don't load it down with extra bells and whistles. I likes it just the way it is.

I have used CallFilter, CallShield then to LightWav (LightWav over burdened with to much stuff). I moving to CallBlock 2.0.

Thanks for feedback

FYI, there will be 3 editions of CallBlock 2.0 (Free Edition, Basic Edition and Ringtone Edition). Yes, I do like the simplicity of beta 15 (a.k.a ringtone edition) and I'll try to bundle the previous version(s) in the download package on future 2.x releases in case anyone prefers the old version.

I'll post the links to the 3 editions once I get the ESD approval.
    Sounds about right, although I've been taking 3-4 rings! Must be a Sprint thing then :-/
    That is how all cdma phones work. Cell phones obviously are not hardline connected to the network so instead they have to "ping" the nearest cell tower every "X" seconds. This value is I believe 5.12 seconds (SCI =2) on Sprint by default (some phones you can hack this value and increase the frequency).

This is called the Slot Cycle Index (SCI).

In short, if your phone just pinged the tower and a call immediately comes in...there is a good 4-5 second lag on your end since the phone needs to re-check with the tower. The reason this rate is not faster is obvious: it consumes more battery.

So all of that "delay" is normal and everyone here who is beta testing should be aware of this so as to not confound Wang's debugging ;-)

ps I use 1.53 too and its a killer app on the Centro

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    All ok on this end, Sprint 755p.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    All ok on this end, Sprint 755p.
    Thank you very much for the feedback. OK, the links for the release version are ready. For Basic Edition and Ringtone Edition, you can download it from the following links and if you like it, you can buy it from TC store:

CallBlock Basic Edition - http://software.treocentral.com/prod...-Basic-Edition

CallBlock Ringtone Edition - http://software.treocentral.com/prod...ngtone-Edition

OR if you don't have many numbers to block and don't require the advance features, you can download and use the freeware version from:

CallBlock Free Edition - http://software.treocentral.com/prod...k-Free-Edition

And thanks again to all who participated in the beta test.

Wang.
    Wang, you know what I forgot to mention (and I haven't tried 2.0 yet, will later), was this:

In the Call Log, is there a way to copy the blocked number? e.g. sometimes I block a number not listed in my contacts--works flawlessly. But then I wonder who it was so I like to reverse 411 it using Tryda.

Does 2.0 do that and if not, could a simple copy function be added? thx

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  20.    #20  
    Unfortunately the copy function isn't included in v2.0, yet. Yes, it is possible to include that feature. I'll arrange for another beta test before next release (possibly Ringtone 2.5) with other functionalities included.

Thanks.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast