Option to automatic response by SMS to incoming SMS
    Option to protect with a password

Regards,
    Number1
    Thanks for the reminder

Option #4 is in the latest beta.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Would it also be possible to keep blocked/ignored calls in the default call log and maybe add an icon (ormaybe put the number in quote marks etc) to that entry to alert you that there was a callblock action on that number?

Then you can check callblocks log to see what the specific action was.

You think that's possible?
    I'll try that. But I think adding a new icon is out of question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wang View Post
    No, just the number only, no email. From what I understand is that it will block all email type SMS. But does it work?
    I can't test. SMS received from an email address on my Sprint 700P with 755P ROM installed shows the actual email address that sent the message and not 6245 as the sender.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    By the way, for those of you who prefer some form of security for the application, you can give CallBlock 2.1 beta 1 a try. There is a new password protection feature found in Options screen.
    Like the new password feature, thanks!!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers

That's fine.

How about the letters CB before and after the number? I think that's pretty easy on the user side since if you purchase callblock you would know what its doing and what to look for.

What about Delpitas suggestion to only silence certain contacts (group) calls/sms while still allowing the incoming call screen and sms pop up during certain hours? (schedule)

What about Delpitas suggestion to only silence certain contacts (group) calls/sms while still allowing the incoming call screen and sms pop up during certain hours? (schedule)

Thanks OLD_HATCH! I appreciate you bringing this back to Wang's attention. I still haven't reached a verdict as to whether or not I plan on purchasing this app........... but MY suggestion suuuuuuuuure would help sway the jury!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
  7.    #67  

How about the letters CB before and after the number?
    I am sorry. I don't get you.
    Last edited by Wang; 09/30/2008 at 05:45 AM.
  8.    #68  

I need to figure out how to fit the profiler into the existing design. Version 2.0 is not capable of doing what Delpitas wants.
    I am sorry. I don't get you.

Here's a rendering of what I mean. Bascily its the Treo Call log screen and the number that was blocked has extra characters in front of it to show Callblock took an action on it. In this example its "(CB)" . It could be anything you choose those if its even possible at all. I think if it is possible to put it in the missed calls rather than incoing calls would be optimal no?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...CB-Calllog.jpg

I need to figure out how to fit the profiler into the existing design. Version 2.0 is not capable of doing what Delpitas wants.

OK Thanks. It would definately be a welcome and usefull addition to an already great program.

Thanks for listening to our suggestions.
    Thanks for considering it!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Well that alone would be perfect, IMO. The call log already distinguishes missed calls (at least TakePhone does). For now I've added the "no sound" ringer for people I prefer to ignore, but I'd prefer not to even know when they call except for (way after the fact) when I check/notice the little built-in missed call indicator. (And I'd like it all logged on the main log just in case I need proof I received the call, for whatever annoying reason, without risking going into a "callblock" log. I don't need them catching on to me, though I guess I really don't care.)
  12.    #72  
    Here's a rendering of what I mean. Bascily its the Treo Call log screen and the number that was blocked has extra characters in front of it to show Callblock took an action on it. In this example its "(CB)" . It could be anything you choose those if its even possible at all. I think if it is possible to put it in the missed calls rather than incoing calls would be optimal no?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...CB-Calllog.jpg

OK Thanks. It would definately be a welcome and usefull addition to an already great program.

Thanks for listening to our suggestions.
    Got it Thanks for your suggestion.
    Any future enhancements to 2.1 besides password protection?
    A slider to select at what point in your mp3 songs the ringtone starts from would be nice!
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Any future enhancements to 2.1 besides password protection?
    I'll try to include other suggestions in this thread where possible.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    How about email addresses? When will that work? Sometimes people email me text messages and I have a few video cams that email to my text also.
    Who's your carrier?

I think its carrier specific. If your on Sprint like me I think we'll be out of luck on that one since Sprint likes to be the middle man just like the do with sms and pictures sent.
    Wang,
    What is Callblock programmed to do if the mode is set to only allow VIP's?
    I did some testing by calling my cell from my home phone with this enabled: my phone call was sent to voicemail. Then I sent myself a message from my cellphone and it came through normally even though I don't have myself as a VIP.
    Can you add an options page somewhere for the user to define what to do with calls/sms when Callblock mode is set to only allow VIP's?
    Do you know why my sms was allowed to come in even though I wasn't set as a VIP?
  19.    #79  
    What is Callblock programmed to do if the mode is set to only allow VIP's?
    When you're in "Allow VIPs Only" mode, CB blocks all calls/sms except Individual/Group records marked VIP. However, do note that VIPs may get blocked too if its "Action" is "Use schedule", that is if the entry is scheduled to block.
    I did some testing by calling my cell from my home phone with this enabled: my phone call was sent to voicemail.Then I sent myself a message from my cellphone and it came through normally even though I don't have myself as a VIP.
    You are testing from two different phones (home + your cell). Try use another cell phone to do the call and sms test, from the same cell phone. Also note that CB will process the VIP numbers for both Individual and Group entries.
    Can you add an options page somewhere for the user to define what to do with calls/sms when Callblock mode is set to only allow VIP's?
    Emm... what do you mean?
    Do you know why my sms was allowed to come in even though I wasn't set as a VIP?
    Does your phone number also belong to a VIP Group (category)?
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by AirData View Post
    How about email addresses? When will that work? Sometimes people email me text messages and I have a few video cams that email to my text also.
    Are those MMS messages?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast