Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Let me see if I got this right.....

Del, you want some callers to still call/sms etc and just not be heard correct? Do you still want to see the incoming call screen and or the sms pop up window?

If so theres a n option in the "Options" section that says "Show blocked notification". If you tick that and do as nacho suggested then youd have some notification of the sent to voicemail/ignored sms???
    Yes, that's correct. I want all my calls/sms to come through, I just don't want any sound at all, EXCEPT the only sound I DO want to hear, is for the people I have set up in my 'Work' group.

NachoB you think maybe you could set up a schedule for a specific group then go back into the groups tab and select the default "no sound" for both calls ans sms in that group?

I dont have another phone near me to try these settings out.
    Where is that? I don't see a "No sound" options. I've been trying this out this morn, trying to use NachoB's suggestion.......... and either I'm not doing it correctly (kinda still early for me........ am only on my 2nd cup of coffee.... ) I've set sms to myself, yet the sound is still playing.

Del I think if its not doable its a great idea to contact the developer with. An option to only silence a specific group per schedule. If you dont have enough time I'll shoot them an email.
    Is the developer pretty responsive or active? Yes please....... shoot 'em an email for me.......... thanks!!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    I've set sms to myself, yet the sound is still playing.
    And you have placed yourself (your phone number) as blocked and it still sounds?
    Under Individual tab I added myself (my 10 digit cell number in this case), Action: Block call/sms, Incoming SMS: Ignore message. When I send myself an SMS there is no sound but I do get notification (via slow flashing green light on my 700P and notification alarm in upper right corner) and the message is there in SMS.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/26/2008 at 10:06 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    See if I can make this simple from start to finish (and I don't claim to be an expert on this software, just seems how it would logically work).
    Before we start anything lets establish some facts (fictional facts): Del works Mon-Fri from 8am - 5pm. While she works she doesn't want to be interrupted by calls/sms from Family (1 of her 2 categories for contacts, the other being Work), but does want to receive work related calls/sms.

First Step: defining Family schedule
    Go into Schedule, and using the preexisting Family schedule change the first part under Allow/block call/sms at: to Block call/sms starting at 8am, and a second option under that to Allow call/sms at 5pm. Make sure the Apply On Day(s): is M T W T F

Second Step: defining Office schedule
    Similarly, go into Schedule, and modify the preexisting Office schedule to Allow call/sms starting at 8am, and then Block call/sms at 5pm. And M T W T F of the Apply On Day(s).

Third Step: block family while working
    Go out of scheduling and go to the Group tab (based on our fictional facts above you should only have a Family and a Work group.)
    Click the Family Group, keep Action as Use schedule, for Use schedule choose Family and then define your blocking methods. I'm assuming you want to set Ignore call and Ignore message, that way your phone does not alert you with a sound. Click OK

Fourth Step: allow work related transactions
    For group Work, keep Action as Use Schedule, for Use schedule choose Office, blocking methods should be Allow call and Show message.

I'm not sure what would happen on the weekends with these settings. For example, in the second step when we set it to block Office calls after 5pm on Friday, does it keep blocking until it is triggered again on Monday to allow?

Same for Family, when the trigger on Friday is set to allow Family to start calling at 5pm do they stay allowed until triggered again to block on Monday at 8am?
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/26/2008 at 11:49 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Can any of you get the "Allow alphanumeric" to work? Meaning can you get the SMS to work with email addresses? I have emailed the developer and he said he would look into it but I've never heard from him again... that was over a month ago...

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by AirData View Post
    Can any of you get the "Allow alphanumeric" to work? Meaning can you get the SMS to work with email addresses? I have emailed the developer and he said he would look into it but I've never heard from him again... that was over a month ago...

TIA
    I haven't looked into that type of blocking, I'll test and report back in a couple of mins.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I was unable to apply blocking to incoming SMS from an email address.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hmmmm, wonder the developer won't respond?
    Try emailing wang@wishsolutions.com

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Wow, thanks NachoB! I appreciate your efforts in helping me out. I will definitely give it a try a little later when work isn't interfering w/ my more important cell phone configuring, LOL!! l 'll keep you posted.

Thanks again!!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    In my first post I stated that I had emailed him over a month ago. I also emailed 3 or 4 times since but haven't had a response.
    In my first post I stated that I had emailed him over a month ago. I also emailed 3 or 4 times since but haven't had a response.
    Didn't know if you had emailed support@wishsolutions.com or wang@wishsolutions.com
    My apologies

Palm Pre wallpapers
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I was unable to apply blocking to incoming SMS from an email address.
    I haven't found out why blocking of SMS from email doesn't work on certain carrier. However, one of my users claims that he was able to block it by entering 6245 in the number field. He is with Sprint. Can anybody confirm that?
  13.    #53  
    It might have gone into my spam folder. My apologies.
  14.    #54  
    By the way, for those of you who prefer some form of security for the application, you can give CallBlock 2.1 beta 1 a try. There is a new password protection feature found in Options screen. However please the following once you enable the password protection feature:

1. You'll be prompted to enter a password each time you access CallBlock.
    2. You cannot delete CallBlock from your phone/or replace version 2.1 until you disable the password protection option.

Beta version download at http://www.wishsolutions.com/beta/CallBlockV21B01.prc

- There's no feature restriction for V2.0 Ringtone Edition registered users.
    - 7 days trial for non-registered users, including Basic Edition users.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wang View Post
    However, one of my users claims that he was able to block it by entering 6245 in the number field. He is with Sprint. Can anybody confirm that?
    Huh? If you enter 6245 in the number field then how do you enter the email address?
    I believe people not on the same cellular network receive incoming sms from an email address as coming from "6245", so this in a sense would block everyone sending an email sms. I have not tested to verify but am familiar with 6245 as a sender.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/29/2008 at 10:50 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Wang View Post
    By the way, for those of you who prefer some form of security for the application, you can give CallBlock 2.1 beta 1 a try. There is a new password protection feature found in Options screen. However please the following once you enable the password protection feature:

1. You'll be prompted to enter a password each time you access CallBlock.
    2. You cannot delete CallBlock from your phone/or replace version 2.1 until you disable the password protection option.

Beta version download at http://www.wishsolutions.com/beta/CallBlockV21B01.prc

- There's no feature restriction for V2.0 Ringtone Edition registered users.
    - 7 days trial for non-registered users, including Basic Edition users.
    To remind you only !

Dear Wang,

Please can you add the following FEATURES with version 2 :

Option to automatic response by SMS to blocked SMS or calls
    Option to automatic response by SMS to missed calls
    Option to automatic response by SMS to incoming SMS
    Option to protect with a password

Regards,
    Number1
    Del.....

There is a "No Sound" ringtone (well at least 755 and Centro, don't have my 700p/650 around to look at) in the default Palm ringtones list. I was thinking maybe you could use that ringtone while allowing calls and sms for the family group in combination of the schedule to silence them during certain hours but, I don't think it would work. I think you would then be stuck with no sound at all for the family group regardless of the schedule.

I think the alphanumeric could be carrier specific.

I am on Sprint and when I receive emails or im's through sms it always shows as a strange 4 to 6 digit number as the sender.

I like the suggestions made by AirData about automatic responses to actions with sms.

I also like Dells idea/suggestion about the option to only silence a specific group option.

@Wang

Would it also be possible to keep blocked/ignored calls in the default call log and maybe add an icon (ormaybe put the number in quote marks etc) to that entry to alert you that there was a callblock action on that number?

Then you can check callblocks log to see what the specific action was.

You think that's possible?
    Last edited by OLD_HATCH; 09/27/2008 at 01:41 PM.
    Del.....

There is a "No Sound" ringtone (well at least 755 and Centro, don't have my 700p/650 around to look at) in the default Palm ringtones list. I was thinking maybe you could use that ringtone while allowing calls and sms for the family group in combination of the schedule to silence them during certain hours but, I don't think it would work. I think you would then be stuck with no sound at all for the family group regardless of the schedule.
    Yep, you're right........ there is a "No sound" ringtone. And I think you're also correct that I would be stuck with no sound if I chose that.

I also like Dells idea/suggestion about the option to only silence a specific group option.
    Yes, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze! That's basically all I really want to do, is 'silence' the ringtones, NOT "Block" calls or sms.

I messed around a little bit more with the settings. Basically, I've got some set up to "Ignore" call, but still "Show" messages.

While at work, I keep my phone where I can see it 'flash' (turn on) whenever I receive a call/sms, plus the vibrate also helps catch my attention. That way, if I get a call (or hear the vibrating) I can quickly glance to see who's calling, and then decide (at that moment) whether I should answer it or not. With the "ignore" settings, I get notified after the call, when I want to be notified NOW. ie, Suppose I'm waiting for my Dr to return my call. I don't want to ignore that call, when we all know how hard it is to actually get a return call back from the Dr, LOL!

Basically, my needs are simple (although it sounds complicated, LOL!). Allow ALL calls/sms during the workday, HOWEVER, silence the ringtones for ALL calls/sms EXCEPT for those in my "Work" category, in which case, I want the ringtone for "Work" category to be heard.

This in turn would work in reverse I suppose, on weekends, or while on vacation........ I could change my "Work" to silence, so I could 'pretend' that I never heard my phone, LOL!

Thanks again NachoB and OLD_HATCH for helping me try to set this up. I really appreciate it!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
  20.    #60  
    Huh? If you enter 6245 in the number field then how do you enter the email address?
    No, just the number only, no email. From what I understand is that it will block all email type SMS. But does it work?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast