1.    #1  
    I have a GSM AT&T Centro and MiniTones. I can not get WAV files to play (sound). I select them in MiniTones and they show up in Sounds & Alerts. I pick them as a tone. They show but NO sound. Yes, I have the volume turned on. Is there a work around or another converter program. Is it a user error or Centro firmware problem.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    why are you using .wav files? i got mp3 files to go just fine with that program

how can you even get a custom sound under alarms?.. i've uploaded around 10 and my alarms are still all the stock sounds..i've looked through tons of apps but cant find any
    Quote Originally Posted by supasteve013 View Post
    My reason for wanting to also use some .wav files is simply because there are some very unique and great sounds only available in .wav format and being able to use them on your phone is an added bonus.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    This means nothing - I use to use WAV files exclusively until I changed ring-tone management applications. I now convert files (WAV or whatever) to MP3 and go from there. I still use WAV files 1 other program.

For conversion, I use either Audacity or the desktop component of RingCare.

Ben
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    This means nothing - I use to use WAV files exclusively until I changed ring-tone management applications. I now convert files (WAV or whatever) to MP3 and go from there. I still use WAV files 1 other program.

Ben
    Sorry Ben... I understand it may mean nothing to you but it does to me and thats why I posted the concern asking for help. As all Palm apps, they are personal preferences. My preference it to be able to convert WAV files (some pretty cool ones by the way). Do either of the of the apps you mentioned convert WAV so they can be used in Sounds & Alerts?
    Florida Tony
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post

Ben
    Okay I got it. I converted them using RingCare. They work fine in Sounds & Alerts. I know I didn't get a lot responses but a lot looked at this Thread. RingCare Desktop works great. Oh, BTW I already had it but only used it to trim MP3's for ring tones. I didn't know it could convert WAV files.
    Florida Tony
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I get my voice mail by email with wav attachments- I can d/l the wav to my card but need an app in my phone that will play the wav. I can pay for it - is there anything? I already have Kinoma and pTunes.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    pockettunes plays wav files. You will need the plugin for it.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    thanks that was really easy

Roi Batty

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supasteve013 View Post

how can you even get a custom sound under alarms?.. i've uploaded around 10 and my alarms are still all the stock sounds..i've looked through tons of apps but cant find any
    To have custom alarm or system sounds , you need to add them to the file Sons_système_MIDI.PDB in your device. ( the english version should be something like Sound_system_MIDI.PDB ). To modify this file you can use mider_for_hoho which do most of the work ( but you have to make some slight modifications at the end , it seems that the format had changed after mider availability ).
    I have made a file whith some added sounds , if you want it , I can mail it to you.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    help please

I can save minutes by retrieving voicemails via the net. I d/l and installed the wav plug in for pTunes but they will not show up in pTunes and will not play. I am sure they are wav fiels - what am I doing wrong?

Roi Batty