Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seriously, a Sprint agent called my phone offering to exchange my 755p for the "brand new Palm" Centro...

Accidentally hangup on him.... but could this be a sign of the rumored/derumored EOL of 755?

Who would want to trade a 755p for a Centro when it is more expensive?

Anyone else have this call?
    They just randomly called you without a support ticket? That's odd. The only time they "randomly" call me is if they want to offer me a deal to renew my contract agreement.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    They just randomly called you without a support ticket? That's odd. The only time they "randomly" call me is if they want to offer me a deal to renew my contract agreement.
    The rep probably would have asked for the OP to extend his service agreement in order to make the exchange.
  4.    #4  
    yeah that probably was the case. i am waiting for that rumored silver 755p sounds sweet!
  5.    #5  
    actually i am just 6 months into my current contract with Sprint, so I know i am not yet eligible for a contract extension.... but still received this call. Thats what made me wonder if they were trying to phase the 755p out.
    They extended my contract from Feb 2nd to April 2nd and gave me $100 credit for doing so. So they are always pretty eager to extend it.
  7.    #7  
    They extended my contract from Feb 2nd to April 2nd and gave me $100 credit for doing so. So they are always pretty eager to extend it.
    Thats a pretty interesting proposition... extended it for only 3 months? then with a $100 credit? i dont think they are making any money on that.
    Last edited by bulls96; 04/12/2008 at 12:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    They credited you $100 just to extend your contract 2 months? that's odd.
    If you google Palm 755P sprint, a paid link shows up from Sprint. Once clicked on it will provide a more info link or a shopping cart link. Neither one of these work so something is up here.

I hope the 755P colors are the issue and the phone is not being EOL'd. I was just getting ready to buy one from Sprint as a 650 upgrade. Now I wonder what is up. I guess why Palm valuation is pennies compared to BB--such a shame.
    If you want a 755, go to Ebay and buy one. They have new and used for less than Sprint's price (if you can buy one) and no contract required. No contract required if you decide you want to upgrade when newer 800 or whatever comes out. Just because they don't sell it doesn't mean they don't support it.
    I'd actually consider the 755 for Centro trade. I think I'd prefer the smaller size of the Centro.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    well, i did the google thing, and it did lead me to a page that lead me basically nowhere...

so i went to the new and improved sprint site and found that the 755p is no longer offered. the 700 is there, but that's the only palmer.

hmm...
    I'll assume you guys don't visit the home page often...

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1623-1.htm

The 755p isn't being replaced, its just not in stock now
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Sprint would be stupid to EOL the 755.. they make little to no money from the centro (just like palm) so why would you EOL the only palm product that actually makes money?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianV View Post
    I'd actually consider the 755 for Centro trade. I think I'd prefer the smaller size of the Centro.
    If you like losing money, sure. I would rather sell the 755p and buy the Centro for less.
    If you like losing money, sure. I would rather sell the 755p and buy the Centro for less.

While he might loose a little on each sale, but like Bear, he makes it up in volume.

BB
    Last edited by blazorboy; 04/14/2008 at 01:17 PM.
    Not sure if I follow what youre saying.

Was just saying that a single, straight up trade of a 755p for a Centro is trading a more expensive device for a cheaper device.
    It is an old joke. I was agreeing with you. I just edited it to make it read better. Not at all important.

BB
    Ah ok.

<sound of air going over my head>
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Seriously, a Sprint agent called my phone offering to exchange my 755p for the "brand new Palm" Centro...

Accidentally hangup on him.... but could this be a sign of the rumored/derumored EOL of 755?

Who would want to trade a 755p for a Centro when it is more expensive?

Anyone else have this call?
    I think it was one of those mindless calls that we all get every now and then. Those folks usually don't even know what a Treo is...
    BTW, the last time my 700p died, Sprint upgraded me to a 755p. (last month) That really doesn't mean anything for the 755, but I think it speaks volumes for the 700.

BTW, I'd call it a good deal except I had to upgrade my data plan which cost more money and frankly, while my 700 was sluggish, at least functioned more consistently. I've been a Treo user since the month the 650 rolled out and I believe that was a much better device than what I have now. Seriously, seriously contemplating an HTC device...

Robert
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast