1.    #1  
    (I apologize if this has been discussed before. I looked but couldn't find an appropriate post.)

I'm switching from AT&T to T-Mobile. AT&T gave me the subsidy unlock code. I input the code and the phone said it worked. Unfortunately, when I input the active T-Mobile SIM card, the phone says the SIM card is not allowed.

I have contacted AT&T multiple, multiple times and they keep giving me the same subsidy unlock code. I have also talked with Palm support many times. They indicated that the phone might be permanently locked to AT&T. (Ironically, they said my phone was an unlocked phone based on the serial number and that inputting the unlock code was the reason it became permanently locked.)

I have done a hard reset and still have the issue (along with a lot of missing stuff because of it).

Does anyone have any suggestions?? I'm completely exhausted.

Just in case it helps, here are some details: Software: Treo650-1.17-CNG; Hardware: A; Firmware: 01.51; and the serial number begins "PTGG..."; it is a silver color phone with the Cingular logo
  2.    #2  
    I ended up just going to some guy in the Valley here in Los Angeles and paying him $20 to hook it up to a machine and unlock it permanently.

Why AT&T or Palm couldn't do that, I have no idea.

Oh well. All is good now. Thanks again, everyone.
    Hey, I'm in the Valley, where is this dude? Just in case my next Treo purchased on eBay doesn't go so smoothly?

[/pointless post].
  4.    #4  
    http://www.vannuyswireless.com/

That's the guy I started with. He had a back cable and referred me to a friend. It all worked out in the end.

Good luck. Hope you don't have to unlock anything.
  5.    #5  
    "Bad" cable.