1.    #1  
    This started yesterday. mail sent from my free Fastmail accnt with Yahoo smtp (paid accnt) gets error 553: From address not verified. No problem sending from my Gmail accnt. Anyone else with this problem. I assume the problem is with Yahoo. They been a pain with their service lately, slow, lot's of service temporily unavailable, and I have to pay for that?
    Having the same trouble this morning using Snapper. It works, then it reports a log in failure. Since it's Yahoo, best be is to ignore it for a few hours and it will get fixed.
  3.    #3  
    I been using

69.147.95.94 for Yahoo's smtp.
    Has that changed?
    Although I rarely use the Yahoo SMTP, I'm not having this problem. Just using smtp.mail.yahoo.com for the SMTP address. Sent a test message from Chatter using the Yahoo SMTP then another one directly from Fastmail using the Yahoo SMTP.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Although I rarely use the Yahoo SMTP, I'm not having this problem. Just using smtp.mail.yahoo.com for the SMTP address. Sent a test message from Chatter using the Yahoo SMTP then another one directly from Fastmail using the Yahoo SMTP.

I tried my gmail smtp in Fastmail to send without problems. Changed back to using yahoo smtp (which I've been using for a few years w/o problems) and got the same sending error 553:

From address not verified
    See

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...ndfrom-07.html

Seems like this is something new Yahoo which requires me to add and verify my Fasmail account before I can use their smtp server.
    I'm using paid Fastmail and Yahoo accounts. Maybe that's why I'm not having the same problem.