Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Umm, the triangulation already works on the Centro. My Sprint Centro with Google Maps loaded has the "My Location" functionality which pinpoints my location very accurately...
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    http://news.vzw.com/news/2005/08/pr2005-08-18.html
    is what I have been going on for a few years now.

What I was basically saying that I read somewhere (Brighthand?) that to be a Rev.A 'certified', the device's OS & its chipset had to be able to handle simultaneous voice & data calls, regarless of the capabilities of its network (perhaps for an eventual Rev B qualification?)

As always, please correct me if this is wrong or in error. But I really don't think a lack of Rev A compliance is worthy worrying about for Garnet at this stage of the game regardless...
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Quote Originally Posted by jshamoon View Post
    Umm, the triangulation already works on the Centro. My Sprint Centro with Google Maps loaded has the "My Location" functionality which pinpoints my location very accurately...
    Lucky you I use my location and I am almost never within the 1800m circle it says I should be at the center of
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    http://news.vzw.com/news/2005/08/pr2005-08-18.html
    is what I have been going on for a few years now.
    I don't see how that article would lead anyone to believe that there is a limitation of PalmOS for supporting RevA. In order to do simultaneous voice and data the phone has to make everything data via VOIP and then the network splits it back up, but it is still just a data connection and considering that there are VOIP applications for Palm all the pieces are there. I also don't think RevA certified means anything and Palm could just support the higher speed RevA data if they wanted to.

It wasn't worth the investment for Palm to make a new PalmOS phone with MSM6800, they will wait for Nova and run it on either the 800W style hardware or an MSM7500 based platform.
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    I agree with nitf. I have several RevA phones on Sprint that don't support simultaneous voice+data. EVDO is not capable of supporting voice+data. EVDO is capable of handling voice *converted* to data as in VOIP, but that is just an application level thing, as EVDO wouldn't really care whether the data came from the Blazer web browser or the never-to-be-released Skype app.

I have never seen a Sprint RevA phone that supported voice+data (in the traditional sense as opposed to the VOIP sense)

I conclude there is no such thing as a EVDO RevA requirement that a phone support voice+data and that whether a Centro will support RevA in the future depends on whether Palm wants to upgrade the chipset to support RevA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I'm loving my Freedom bluetooth gps reciever... its so small, its on my keychain and I forget its there. Maybe the one you have is too bulky?
    I like the keychain idea. What software are you using? I would really like voice guided directions. Any feedback on hardware and software?
    Quote Originally Posted by boxlotto View Post
    I like the keychain idea. What software are you using? I would really like voice guided directions. Any feedback on hardware and software?
    You can use TomTom 6 or Garmin Mobile XT. Both work great. There are 1000's of posts about the software on this board that you can check out.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123