Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I have 700p phone converted to 755p firmware according to these instructions.

I tried launching the IM application and it told me that I need to download a new version. Once I did, it no longer works on my phone saying "The application is not authorized to run on this device."

What gives?
    Mine too
    If you reject the "update" it won't let you log into any services.
    Anyone have a workaround/fix???
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Palm sucks! Not only they released a defective phone. They can't even let us use a somewhat better firmware on it!
    I agree...there are 5 palm phones in my family right now and,sadly, I think these will be the last phones as far as Palms go.....Ive had it with the company and this is the last straw for me. Once the I-phone gets the Slingbox, I'm gone.
    I can understand the frustration, but you've overwritten the ROM in the device. The IM client works in the 700 and the 755, and when you try and change the ROM it doesn't work. That's Palm's fault? Gimme a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I can understand the frustration, but you've overwritten the ROM in the device. The IM client works in the 700 and the 755, and when you try and change the ROM it doesn't work. That's Palm's fault? Gimme a break.
    Although your observation is correct, it is frustrating for those 700p owners that feel cheated by Palm. A working IM client with the 755p ROM would be a nice bonus -- especially since Palm has discontinued the product while it is still for sale.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    The IM client was never included in 700p. It is only available in 755p ROM. It worked fine on 700p with the 755p ROM. However the new version of the IM client software now checks for the device model and prevents it from running on 700p. I doubt there is any technical reason for this.

700p has so many flaws which Palm never bothered to fix! 755p ROM partially addressed them, but it's still not perfect. As the other poster said, having the IM client software as a bonus in the 755p ROM would at least partially compensate for the frustration with the 700p headaches.
    If you are using AIM, try Toccer for an IM client. I don't have any suggestions for Yahoo or MSN, sorry.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    That sucks!!! Thats was the main reason I was doing the 755p upgrade. I guess as of the date of the last post before mine, there still is no change in the status of this?