Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    getting error #678 after install- anyone get this problem? running XP SP2 w/ Norton Protection Center- shut Norton off and tried again, no luck - now what??

now I found out two things- my sero plan was not updated when I got new phone, I was out of contract but they kept me on Vision plan and I need to be on Power Vision plan - sprint is updating for me same price-

also - phone as broadband modem is 39.99 a month!!! Anyone know if the PDAnet app works with 755p? Sprint said it wouldn't work but June Fabrics wouldnt sell it if it didn't???
    Last edited by tedcousens; 04/10/2008 at 11:02 AM.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    haha of course sprint will tell you no. You shouldn't even tell sprint that because it violates your contract. Yes PDAnet works just fine with the 755p. You might also look into USBmodem. These programs disable the flag in your phone that alerts Sprint that your using your phone as a modem. If you don't have one of these programs installed and are not paying for their PAM plan then it won't connect.
    I've used PDANet on my 755p with no problems.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    i use pdanet for me and it works great!!! Well worth the 34 bucks!!!
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    It worked for me, too.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Works for me, I had just installed it yesterday. When you get the 678 error, try reconnecting. If all else fails, restart machine and phone.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    ...works perfectly for me. I have Verizon and the VZAccess never worked on my 755....PDAnet worked perfectly immediately....also agree its worth the money..
    With this you wouln't have to pay extra from sprint? As long as you have the PV plan?
    as long as you have a unlimited data plan you will not be charged anything more on your bill.
    A buddy and I were at a lan party this past weekend and we found a need for some internet connection (the building we were in didn't have any). There were about 8 or 10 of us there. We all needed internet access in order to log into our "steam/valve" accounts (you gammers will know what that is).

So my buddy pulled out his treo (we both run pdanet) and his spare laptop.... connected his laptop to our switch we were all connected too, and boom, all of us had internet connection.

I've got to admit... it was freaking amazing to see 8 or 10 guys all have internet connection on their computers, all via a little treo phone!

By the end of the night, we had pushed a little over 1-gig worth of data through that poor little phone. lol. Thank god for unlimited data plan!

So yeah... if you ask us... PDANet ( http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/ ) rocks!!
    I'm guessing I'm out of luck, but here's the question:

Can I use the 755p on Verizon on the weekends (free minutes) to connect my laptop to the internet without incurring any charges? I have no data plan.
    BradS

Pilot Pro-->III-->Vx-->Tungsten E-->T|X-->Treo 755p
    i have used the phone interface library hack, pdanet and usbmodem.
    usbmodem is the fastest of all three in my experience.

all work great, the hack is free, but usbmodem is the most consistent and fastest.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpsherwo View Post
    I'm guessing I'm out of luck, but here's the question:

Can I use the 755p on Verizon on the weekends (free minutes) to connect my laptop to the internet without incurring any charges? I have no data plan.
    It uses data plan, not minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yokhannan View Post
    By the end of the night, we had pushed a little over 1-gig worth of data through that poor little phone. lol. Thank god for unlimited data plan!
    May want to watch out - Verizon has been known in the past to terminate users that have used a lot of data (i.e. several gbs a month). Although it is an "unlimited" plan, you are technically violating the rules of the contract by using PAM (phone as a modem) without paying an additional tethering fee. PDANet is great because it disables the tether flag so the network has no way of knowing that tethering is going on, but they still terminate users with excessive bandwidth use.