Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello all. How do I load applications to my card instead of my phone? I have a Treo 755p. I had downloaded Tetris a couple of weeks ago and wanted to download it to my card instead of my phone.

I didn't see any option that would allow to be do so. When I receive pictures or videos from text or picture mail, when I click on the link it gives me an option where to save the file too.

I would like to download more applications and prefer to download it to my card.

Any help would be great.
    You can do it one of two ways. If you hotsync,there is a split screen when you add an application. Drag and drop the app to the bottom section where it says Expansion Card and it loads to the card. You can also use a card reader and drag and drop the app into Palm launcher.
    Or if you get Softick Card Export 2, you can connect your phone to your computer via the usb and access your sd card like a USB drive without having to use a card reader.

The file transfer rate is not as fast, but it works quite well and is pretty convenient.

One other method I use a lot is email myself the .prc file. Open the attachment in your email on your phone and it will install to the internal ram. Then just use Filez or some other file browser to move the .prc to the sd card.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks all for the help. I wanted to download an app. SO when I get hhome I will download and application to my desktop and drag it to the hotsync and load it to my card there....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    You can do it one of two ways. If you hotsync,there is a split screen when you add an application. Drag and drop the app to the bottom section where it says Expansion Card and it loads to the card. You can also use a card reader and drag and drop the app into Palm launcher.
    I still need help. Here is what I did. I ordered an application from Sprint. It comes to your phone as a text message and you click the URL to download the file. I forwarded the text to my e-mail. Opened the e-mail on my computer (not on the phone). tried to open it. I figured if I could download it to my desktop I could do a hotsync from there.

It would not open. So my problem still exists. How can I hotsync the file? I need to get the file on my computer, not sure if that is possible without some type of program or is it?

I have not loaded the application into my phone yet, I still have the text waiting for me to download.

Also is there anyway to take a application already on your phone and hotsync it or copy it to your card?

If you got pictures and video and it gives you an option where to store it, why doesn't it do that with applications?
    Right click on the Hotsync icon in the corner on your desktop PC, choose Install.

Drag and drop the .prc file into that window. Click the "Change Destination" button. Change the file to be hotsync'd to sd card instead. Perform a hotsync.

I'm doing this off memory so some of the titles might be slightly off.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the help and advice papped. I have the file on my phone as a URL. I have not downloaded it to my phone.

When I sent the file to my e-mail and tried to open on my computer all I got was an error message. It would not open. How can I open the file without saving it to my phone?

Once I do this, then I can follow your instructions.
    If you have an email client on your palm, you can open the attachment in your email app and it will install it.

Othwerwise you can go to the URL in Blazer and it should download the application and ask if you want to install it (by choosing Save and Open).
    Quote Originally Posted by Show View Post
    Also is there anyway to take a application already on your phone and hotsync it or copy it to your card?
    You can do this with Filez (free) or pretty much any file management program. Find the file you want to move in Internal, select it, Menu Button > Move/Copy and select a new director on the sd card you want to move it to.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    If you have an email client on your palm, you can open the attachment in your email app and it will install it.

Othwerwise you can go to the URL in Blazer and it should download the application and ask if you want to install it (by choosing Save and Open).
    I know that I can just click on the URL and open and save it. i was trying to see if there was a way that tit can be opened and saved directly to my card.
  11.    #11  
    You can do this with Filez (free) or pretty much any file management program. Find the file you want to move in Internal, select it, Menu Button > Move/Copy and select a new director on the sd card you want to move it to.
    I'm taking the best way to do this is to download it to my phone and use a file managementr program to move it to the card? I was hoping that I could have used hotsync to perhaps put ir on my card that way. Problem is findingn out how to download an application to my desktop instead of my phone so that I could hotsync it.

I wish there was an option as to where you want it saved. I go on the Preferences screen I see where it may be able to be done...going to play with it a little.
    Well that kinda depends on what email client you are using. For pretty much any web-based mail it's easy, you just download the attachment and save it to your HDD, then follow the hotsync steps I listed. I can't really comment on why you can't save the prc file to your PC with the email client you are using.

That or loading the .prc file URL in Blazer and directly installing it or installing it from your palm's email client are all pretty easy methods.
    I was wondering this same thing, since I have 4 gigs of space on my mini card. Just one question, are there any programs, or prc that NEED to be on the internal rom instead of the external card? Is this storage of stuff on the external card only applicable to items that were not originally preloaded on the 755p?
    Yes some apps need to be loaded on internal ram in order to run properly.
  15.    #15  
    Well that kinda depends on what email client you are using. For pretty much any web-based mail it's easy, you just download the attachment and save it to your HDD, then follow the hotsync steps I listed. I can't really comment on why you can't save the prc file to your PC with the email client you are using.

That or loading the .prc file URL in Blazer and directly installing it or installing it from your palm's email client are all pretty easy methods.

I forwarded the URL that came in a text message to my hotmail account. I want to my PC opened the message and tried to download it to my PC. It did not open. I didn't try to open it from my phones e-mail. It would not open on my PC so I just went back to my text message and now it is in my applications section on my phone.

I cannot move it to the card because it is locked as the message the phone displayed was "Copy-protected apps and databases cannot be copied. These are listed with a lock icon next to them".

Is there a application that I can install that will allow me to move whatever to my card?
    What are you using to try and move it to the card?

One option might be to try and use a download manager to download from the prc url to your PC. No idea if it will work or not though.
  17.    #17  
    It is just the standard thing that comes on the Treo 755p. All you have to do is go to the applications page...click anywhere up top to get the header and a drop down box appears. One of the options is copy. If you click on copy it will take you to your application and the default is copy to SD card. But you can't copy locked files.

I was just looking at Initiate Standard. I may give that a try. If I could somehow open a PRC file from my desktop at home I could just hotsync the files into my SD card.
  18.    #18  
    Here is the URL for Initiate Standard:

http://www.mobihand.com/treocentral/...tiate-Standard
    Try using Filez instead of the default palm one.
  20.    #20  
    Is Filez an application I can buy or free? In any case...where can I find it? I take it that you love the application? BTW, thanks very much for taking time to answer my questions here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast