Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How do I get the radio on the internet to work on the treo? For example the website z90.com has a link that says listen live but when I push it just show a pic it doesn't go to kinoma and play music like some site any ideas?
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    you can try shoutcast.com ....do you have PTunes deluxe?
    You can bookmark the website: http://mobilust.net/shoutcast/ ; this has all the stations that are offered on the regular Shoutcast.com website, as their mobile version is very trimmed down and only offer a few stations. You just click on the genre of music you want and all the station links will come up. Now I use Pocket Tunes Deluxe for my radio streaming, but I believe that Kinoma will also handle some types of streaming media.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    you can start up any I.radio station on your computer and then goto a command prompt and type in the netstat command and find the address to the station and put it in either kinoma or pt deluxe and you can listen to it right through the program when ever you want.
  5.    #5  
    ok I have to try that.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    ...I believe that Kinoma will also handle some types of streaming media.
    Yep, there's quite a few of streaming radio stations (i.e. Clear Channel's 1,000 or so stations) that you can only listen to with Kinoma Player.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    goto a command prompt and type in the netstat command
    How exactly do you do this? Thanks!
    Which is why I have both installed on my 2 devices. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by PruSucks View Post
    How exactly do you do this? Thanks!

click start, then run, type in cmd and hit enter.. black screen command promt comes up, keep in mind you have to have the station open and running while you do this and just type "netstat" (with out the "")

just look through all the stuff that pops up and you should be able to distinguish which line is your radio station and copy it down. Now when you go into kinoma or PT deluxe you go to the interenet radio stations and add one and just name it and enter that address that you just wrote down and now if you did it right you can listen to your station. I would only do this with at least 128bit stations. Anything less just sounds horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Which is why I have both installed on my 2 devices. Ben
    Me too Ben, love both PT and Kinoma!
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Do you find that many of the stations listed in Kinoma (for Video and TV, including many YouTube items) cannot be played: Server Error or Insufficient Band Width?

BB
    sometimes on my old 650, but none since I am using a 755
    I get many such. Yet I am in a good single strength area. Hmmmm???

Also a lot of "insufficient bandwith, so video goes on and off; on and off; but does not really play.

BB
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    I get many such. Yet I am in a good single strength area. Hmmmm???

Also a lot of "insufficient bandwith, so video goes on and off; on and off; but does not really play.

BB
    In Kinoma, you do have the option to download the video to your card and then watch it, rather than stream it. It is in options, under Streaming Preferences. checkmark the Prefer download to streaming box and you won't have to worry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    In Kinoma, you do have the option to download the video to your card and then watch it, rather than stream it. It is in options, under Streaming Preferences. checkmark the Prefer download to streaming box and you won't have to worry about that.

Many thanks, that works well for video. Still an issue with Server error for TV stations. But again, many thanks.

BB
  16.    #16  
    I can't find the which link I should put in the kinoma player?
    Don't waste your time with it - Just get an ipod. I spend the dough on the PT Deluxe, but then you got to deal with poor sound, non-standard headphones requring an adaptor, and it seems it's always pausing. After a few days it's maddening. Nice gimmick, but far cry from an ipod.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmagloo View Post
    Don't waste your time with it - Just get an ipod. I spend the dough on the PT Deluxe, but then you got to deal with poor sound, non-standard headphones requring an adaptor, and it seems it's always pausing. After a few days it's maddening. Nice gimmick, but far cry from an ipod.
    well, for internet radio, an ipod is of little use. But if you use a good pair of headphones, sound quality is reliant on the headphones. I have a pair of Sennhausers and the sound I get from Pocket Tunes, whether playing .mp3's or internet radio, if fantastic. I like that I have all of favorite things in one device. I can say in all honesty that I have never had internet radio pause while streaming, at least on my 755.
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    I can't find the which link I should put in the kinoma player?
    maybe I can help, is it just one particular online radio station you want to use? Give me the radio station name and I might be able find the stream address for you.
  20.    #20  
    san diego radio stations
    z90.com
    channel 933.com
    magic92.5.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast