Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    I get many such. Yet I am in a good single strength area. Hmmmm???

Also a lot of "insufficient bandwith, so video goes on and off; on and off; but does not really play.

BB
    Are you in an EVDO area?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Are you in an EVDO area?
    right, my thought too. I am in a strong EVDO area, and never have had one instance of video or radio freezing or pausing. We traveled west a bit over the weekend and that city must have been even better with EVDO. My email and Blazer were screaming fast!
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    you can start up any I.radio station on your computer and then goto a command prompt and type in the netstat command and find the address to the station and put it in either kinoma or pt deluxe and you can listen to it right through the program when ever you want.
    good find... do i just put http:// then the socket (IP and port #) ?
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    good find... do i just put http:// then the socket (IP and port #) ?
    In Ptunes the http is already there and then you would just put the address in. http://stationname.xxxortnumber I believe thats how it works. Shoutcast doesn't seem to work anymore by actually putting in the station name.. so what you can do is download the .pls file and just open it in notepad and look for the http://205.188.215.229:8042 address and type that into Ptunes and it should work. I'm still testing the other Iradio sites that I know to see if it still works by doing the netstat command.

EDIT:
    While I can still get the netstat command to work .. I have found that its just as easy to use a inet radio station website like shoutcast or live365 and just click on the station you want to listen to and when you do it this way ptunes will open automatically and if your using the most recent version of ptunes it will actually store the address under untitled so you can go back and listen to that station again with out having to go back on the web the long way to find the station.
    Last edited by syphex; 04/11/2008 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post

EDIT:
    While I can still get the netstat command to work .. I have found that its just as easy to use a inet radio station website like shoutcast or live365 and just click on the station you want to listen to and when you do it this way ptunes will open automatically and if your using the most recent version of ptunes it will actually store the address under untitled so you can go back and listen to that station again with out having to go back on the web the long way to find the station.
    Yes, this is what I do too, which is why I gave that http://mobilust.net/shoutcast/ website address; it has ALL of the Shoutcast radio stations listed. All you do is click on the radio station name and it opens in Pocket Tunes, then you can find the stream address on the screen and enter that in your Favorites folder for your internet radio. The mobile version of Shoutcast only has a select few stations for each genre of music, but Mobilelust has re-created the entire website for mobile devices.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Yes, this is what I do too, which is why I gave that http://mobilust.net/shoutcast/ website address; it has ALL of the Shoutcast radio stations listed. All you do is click on the radio station name and it opens in Pocket Tunes, then you can find the stream address on the screen and enter that in your Favorites folder for your internet radio. The mobile version of Shoutcast only has a select few stations for each genre of music, but Mobilelust has re-created the entire website for mobile devices.
    I love the boobies ad on the first page you see when you go to that link.. lol I thought I had typed in the wrong address
    LMAO... i noticed that too and was like... what is this... and caught myself watching the gif file a few times and was tempted to press see more button ..haha

soon as the song starts playing.. what do u go to menu and hit add bookmark.. then change the name to the station or genre name u want...?

is there an application that can copy the music to sd card while playing?
    Last edited by italiangspot; 04/11/2008 at 01:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    LMAO... i noticed that too and was like... what is this... and caught myself watching the gif file a few times and was tempted to press see more button ..haha

soon as the song starts playing.. what do u go to menu and hit add bookmark.. then change the name to the station or genre name u want...?
    on mine once the songs start playing it auto inputs the station in my untitled section under the internet radio option. But I think you can also use the bookmark option. I don't know if that only works on the newest version of Ptunes because I don't remember it working like that on the older version.
    right, I think after it inserts itself into the Untitled section of the internet bookmarks, you can go into options and move it to a folder of your choice. I created a folder called Favorites and keep all of them in there.

Sorry, I should have warned you about the boobies, I was taken aback too, but it is a legit site.
    oh i got ya now.. i went to unfiled section and see all the channels there

i havent found a site better then ipartyradio.com (stream address : streamer2.ipartyradio.com:7200/listen.pls) as of yet... i used to love music one but they shut down

is there an app to record songs while playing to sd card?
  11.    #31  
    DollFace did you find those station i put up?
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    DollFace did you find those station i put up?
    I'm actually working on it now, but those are embedded players that use an Adobe Flash player; that is why you can't see any button, as our Blazer browser does not have flash capability. what you would need to do, is go onto those Listen Live pages on your PC and when the player window opens, you can use a URL sniffer program to find the actual stream address. They are hidden in the embedded player.

I'll let you know if I find anything for you.

Also, the second one, Channel 993.com, do you have the call letters for that station, as I can't find any website for that one.

EDIT: that second station should be channel933.com
    Last edited by dollface; 04/11/2008 at 07:06 PM.
    Stayfly, I found two of your stations, the channel933.com would not play the stream so I could not find the URL; might try that one later. I tried them both, and they do work.

Z90.com

208.80.52.128:80/XHTZFM?streamtheworld_user=1&NOBUF=1207962204749

Magic 92.5

208.80.52.88:80/XHRMFM?streamtheworld_user=1&NOBUF=1207963030967

Be sure to preface both of those addresses with http:// when you type them into Kinoma
    Last edited by dollface; 04/11/2008 at 08:52 PM.
  14.    #34  
    channel933.com/main.html thats the last one thank you
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    channel933.com/main.html thats the last one thank you

Good news, Kinoma has a bunch of Clear Channel radio stations in their Kinoma Media Guide, which includes your Channel933. just click on the Kinoma Media Guide, scroll down and click Radio Stations, scroll down and click US Radio Stations, then click California, then scroll down until you find KHTS-FM, which is Channel993. You can probably bookmark that so you don't have to go through those pages to listen to it.
    Last edited by dollface; 04/13/2008 at 04:05 PM.
  16.    #36  
    WOW thanks a lot dollface your really a doll!
    WOW thanks a lot dollface your really a doll!
    You're welcome, it was actually a fun learning experience to find those streams. But I just love internet radio, it is awesome to listen on the treo, to be able to listen to something that is clear across the country, or the world. I have a folder full of internet stations bookmarked, some in other countries. I live in PA, but I listen to several stations in CA too (jazz).

Enjoy
    dollface, can you please help me locate:

kiisfm.com (los angeles, 102.7) ??

thanks in advance!
    can anyone recommend the adaptor and headphones u guys are using to listen to the internet radio...

i just started on this internet radio and love it but i need the right adaptor (3.5 to 2.5) and headphones....

i checked out sedio online.. and they have a real pricey one....
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    dollface, can you please help me locate:

kiisfm.com (los angeles, 102.7) ??

thanks in advance!
    Do you have Kinoma 4 player? Follow the directions above that I gave to Stayfly, your station may already be in the US Radio Stations for California stations, in the Kinoma Media Guide.

EDIT: I just checked my Kinoma Media Guide under Us Radio stations, California, and yes - KIIS-FM is listed there.
    Last edited by dollface; 04/14/2008 at 09:24 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast