1.    #1  
    Hi all - have a choice of a new in box 755p or new in box centro (sitting on my kitchen table) have been a big fan since my first treo 600 the centro seems to do all the 755 will and some. Anyone have an opinion on what they would send back?
    do you like the small centro or the regular size treo it basically the same thing.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
  3.    #3  
    Yeah - I just didnt know if I was missing something. The centro seems flimsy but would hope if there is another treo version they can keep the solid feel with less weight
    It depends on your demographics and your sex in my opinion...

The Centro is more suitable for a Female (due to its size)

The 755P overall is a better winner in my book.

--Centro has more ram however.

Caveat: these are my opinion only
    Trim81 is right centro to me is more suitable for females because its really small i can't type on that thing to save my life I wanted to get it for my girlfriend but verizon doesn't have it yet so i had to get the pearl. The 755p is the best treo out to me and it works very well,in my opinion.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    I like the feel of the rubber more than a Centro too.

(and yes, Ive tried both a Centro and a 755P) ...started with a 755P, decided on a Centro, used a Centro for 4 hours and moved back to a 755P.

ANOTHER big factor I went back to a 755P was... (and this might sound stupid), I saw some teeny boppers at a club pulling out a Centro, that did it for me.
    The centro does NOT have more RAM, it has exactly the same as the 755p.

If you want:
    -A bigger screen
    -A bigger keyboard
    -A larger device
    -MiniSD support

Then choose the 755p.

If, however, you want:
    -A smaller/lighter device
    -The newest software included (Docs to Go 10, mostly)
    -MicroSD Support

Then choose the Centro.

They're essentially the exact same device as internal hardware specs go.
    I just switched from a Centro to the 755. I have big hands and fingers so typing on the centro got bothersome. I also prefer the 755's larger screen.

When you put them side to side the 755 isn't really that much bigger. I haven't noticed any difference in performance. They both seem to run as fast as each other to me.
    The RAM - have you checked the Palm site? It does have more user accessible RAM.

755P - 60mb
    Centro - 64mb.

Ben
    I went from a 700p (broken) to a Centro. my wife got a Centro first and I was surprised that the smaller screen wasn't an issue. It is a lot clearer then on the 700p due to the pixels been in a smaller area. The keyboard is the main issue but my fingers are long and thin so the adjustment wasn't too bad. Having all the power of a Treo in a much more pocketable package sold it for me. You really need to play with the Centro a bit to see if the size will be an issue.
    Does anyone know if the bluetooth stack is the same on the 755p & the Centro ?
    iPhone on AT&T, Waiting for the Pre
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for the input - decided to go with the centro! Had a difficult time saying goodbye to the Treo design/feel/look but I have to say the small size without loosing any features swayed me. The keyboard was not an issue after playing around with it for a day the screen size seems to be offset with the great clarity with the same pixel count. I must confess this was a big issue for me from a snob value as much as anything else after paying top dollar for many years for the privelage of owning a treo -but the bottom line is the centro seems to give a great bang at a manageable size. As one of u gys said - its a subjective choice!!
    My main qualms are the speakerphone quality (very noticeable), screen size and keyboard size (I get nearly double the typos on the Centro that I do on the 755p due to my finger size). Other than that the Centro is pretty good.
    What you want, what you are willing to sacrifice. No device will ever please everyone. For my needs, either fits and after I got use to the Centro, no intention of going to a larger phone.

Ben
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I thought the Centro looked and felt like a cheap toy.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2