1.    #1  
    Hi All - Have been a treo owner/fan since the 600 & now have 2(replacement phones) new in box centro and a new in box 755p sitting on my kitchen table one has to go back tomorrow. I have had the centro for 2days and I like the (in pocket) size for sure - very hard to let go of the solid feel of the 755. Anyone want to comment on which way they would go on what to return?
    It is a personal decision and since you have both phones you are in a unique position to make it!
    You can't go wrong with either. It's just a matter of what feels better in your hand.
    The "lag" on my 755p is killing me. A co-worker does not have the problem on his Centro. I think the issue is with signal strength. If you work in a high signal strength area, it probably doesn't matter which you get.
    I've used both and far prefer the Centro. I miss that little bugger. (Verizon doesn't have it...yet)
    I would add that battery life should be a consideration as well. The Centro will last all day with normal usage, but with anything heavy, you might want access to a charger if you don't go with the extended battery.
    My 755p doesn't have any lag.

The 755p build quality is better. If you compare the speakerphone when on a call between the Centro and 755p, it's like night and day. The Centro touchscreen also seems to be less sensitive imo.

But the only main reason I got the 755p is the much larger screen and keyboard. My fingers are large so I get a lot more typos on the Centro keyboard.
  8.    #8  
    Hi All - Thanks for all the feedback! I played with the centro for a couple of days and the bottom line is that the smaller keyboard and screen (very crisp) worked well for me. I spent quite a bit of time playing with the 755 and really had a hard time letting go of the great feel design and overall style of the treo - I must confess that owning a treo of various styles over the last 7 yrs made it hard to let go (for the simple plastic unit) but the bottom line is the unit works as well or better than the 755 and I dont have to pull it out of my pants pocket every time i sit down. Of course at the end of the day it is a subjective thing but going on this site to hear different opinions definitely helped me focus on what was good for me!
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    now that i heard vzw is getting the centro, i can move from my 3 yr old 650. which btw has been rock solid! went to best buy tonite to hold them and compare, and one question I have for those w centro that had older treo is the screen size. I am assuming its still the same rez, 320x320, but the screen is quite a bit smaller than 650/755. how is it to use? things would be crisper on a smaller screen, but can i read it w my 50 yr old eyes (i enlarge my fonts 25% on my vga settings)
  10.    #10  
    I had both phones for several days to compare and yes the #'s and letters are larger as a result of the bigger screen on the 755 however with the same resolution for the centro screen there is a real difference in crisp clarity for the latter. I am pushing 50 with 20/20 vision so which obviously helps but suggest u go and play with the centro again to see if it works for you. Overall Im REALLY HAPPY with verything on this unit!
    I agree with macona regarding the clarity of the Centro versus the larger screen of the Treo - and my eyesight is far from 20/20, although I usually wear glasses or contacts. When putting the devices together, the smaller screen is obvious but in actual use, you really do not notice the smaller size, as odd as that may sound. Fitting the same number of pixels into a smaller screen really makes up for the difference. When I go back to my 700p to look for a random file, I'm amazed at how better the Centro screen is.
    I will second the Centro sreen. Crisp and nicer. A tad smaller I believe but still great. I think the main concern would come down to Battery life and size. The 750 wins hands down with the extended battery (not needing a new door) and the centro only option is the large battery that leaves the ugly hump . and the other is size. the centro basically fits in even tight pockets and the Treo's were thicker (twice the thickness?) . Makes it more portable and easier to carry around. The rest of the stuff is basically the same.
    Same here with my bifocals, the problem is just not there with the Centro. The keyboard was the majoor factor for me and that did not take too long to adjust to.
    Ben
    i do a lot of writing on my memo pad. Isn't it too straining on the eyes how small the fonts are? i do A LOT of typing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i do a lot of writing on my memo pad. Isn't it too straining on the eyes how small the fonts are? i do A LOT of typing.
    Surprisingly, it's just really not noticeable. I suggest you try one in the store, or demo one for the trial period. The fonts being too small is really a matter of personal perception that we cannot determine for you. However, a number of us have posted that it wasn't much of an adjustment for us. I do a lot of typing on mine and was concerned about the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Surprisingly, it's just really not noticeable. I suggest you try one in the store, or demo one for the trial period. The fonts being too small is really a matter of personal perception that we cannot determine for you. However, a number of us have posted that it wasn't much of an adjustment for us. I do a lot of typing on mine and was concerned about the same thing.
    Isnt it just because your eye accomodates easily to smaller fonts? its the accomodation part that gets straining on the eyes.
    Well, there are third party applications such as FontSmoother if that may be a problem. I have used it four a couple of years and went 2 days without it on my Centro, forgot about the app completely. Installed it and still happy with no real differences that bother me.

Ben