1.    #1  
    Anyone know of a good freeware program (or one on the cheap side) that I can use on my Centro? All I really want to be able to do is track my daily expenses and do budgets.
    a search for checkbook programs might bring something up. There are pay ones such as Splash Money, Pocket Quicken and then bunches of free ones.

Ben
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I'll see if I can find anything. I was just hoping someone could recommend a relatively simple one they really liked.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzabub View Post
    Thanks, I'll see if I can find anything. I was just hoping someone could recommend a relatively simple one they really liked.
    Wouldn't an Excel worksheet - prepared on your PC, then handled in an Office program on your Centro, be enough for zhat?

Regards,

Jochen
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I recommend Splash Money. It's really easy to use. You can balance checking accounts and prepare a monthly budget. It has really helped me manage my finances.
    I use Ultrasoft Money with my 755p and it syncs flawlessly with my computer and Microsoft Money. I used if for several months as a stand alone app before syncing with my computer. There is a cost for the program however.
  7.    #7  
    I should have mentioned that I use a Mac (and Excel is not for me!). But I'll look into the programs that were recommended. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by melzabub View Post
    I should have mentioned that I use a Mac (and Excel is not for me!). But I'll look into the programs that were recommended. Thanks!
    You can of course prepare a worksheet on your Centro - or on your Mac's program, which should have an Excel export filter.

Regards,

Jochen
    I second Shepherd's opinion: Ultrasoft Money + Microsoft Money is ultra. If you are the paranoid type like me, then this combination alone is worth the cost of a Treo (or any PalmOS device).

But there are several freeware too, like this one here:
    http://www.freeware-palmos.com/0f/10...lancefree.html

or this oldie:
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/financial/mycheckbook.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Hmm, that oldie is also me and I really am pretty old, sort of. You know, like 61.

Anyway, I am in the process of updating MyCheckbook to make it more Palm phone friendly. This has become more important for me since I am now using my Centro as my main device and have retired all the other 18 Palm devices I own. Well, I do still carry my T|X with me as a backup.

Latest version of MyCheckbook is available on my Web site: www.thequickster.com.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"