1.    #1  
    I released 2 new titles for Treo and Centro today:

TopSignalOnKeyguard - adds the phone range and battery level indicator on the Keyguard.

and TopGuardEx - which apart from phone range and battery, adds the Bluetooth indicator, and offers additional options:

• Enhanced Keyguard - prevents hard buttons from powering on your Treo - now only the power switch does!
    • Automatically disable Keyguard when plugged in - Keyguard is useful in your pocket, but why use it on your desktop?

http://www.ranosoft.net/images/screenshots/Rtsk.gif http://www.ranosoft.net/images/screenshots/Rtge.gif
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    I installed TopGuardEx today, not for the keyguard as I use KeyguardTime, but for the Enhanced Keyguard. I normally use KeepOff, but that costs me in PalmInternals speed test. I prefer freeware apps, but I will gladly pay for an app the reduces my speed test from 74 to 38! Nice app!
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Hello all. What is PalmInternals speed test? I assume that it tests the speed of your phone and how quickly you can do things, applications workingn etc. I'm pretty new here so I am absorbing a lot of content I read here.

Where can you take the speed test and I assume the lower your number the better/faster?

RaNo I have a 755p. I use keyguard as as you say when the phone is in my pocket or holster it doesn't allow the buttons to be active. I like the feature of having your phone range and battery and the Bluetooth indicator on the keyguard.
    Yes, Palminternals is a speed test, there is a thread about it here I believe, I downloaded it from mytreo.net. Among other things, it has a speed test which simulates 10000 key presses and how long it takes for them to process, so lower is better.
    Another thing I like about this app is the disable when plugged in, with that checked the keyguard is off when on my car charger.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  5.    #5  
    I'm glad, broncot, that you like the software and its features that much. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I installed TopGuardEX but can't locate the program icon to launch it on my Treo 755p. I've reinstalled multiple times and the installer asks if I want to replace the program already in memory...I let it do so but still cannot find it on the Treo. I have to use FileZ to locate the program and delete it. I'd like to use it to disable the keyguard while my phone is in the cradle. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    It's not a separate application, you'll see it in Prefs.
  8.    #8  
    Right, broncot. It can be found as "RNS:: TGE" panel in Prefs.