Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Here in the past week when I hit my web access icon it shows blank screen and has a lagg of about 5 secs before showing either the web connect conformation screen or the web browser screen. I have cleared my cache. I am thinking it could be a app that I have recently added but didn't want to have to hard reset right yet. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem and found the culprit. Maybe my problem is the same.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Thought that I would also mention that once the Lagg of first getting to the web browser it works fine. Just that initial step that has the Lagg. That is why I didn't post in the delay section.
    I'm having the EXACT same problem....cleared all cache, etc...still have it.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    What programs are you running (3rd party)
    I get these lags as well. But I've noticed that it has only happened after I installed phwelo's blazer overlays.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I don't have those installed on my centro. Just the smiley and battery icon. But I had that way before this started happening.
    I don't have any overlays, just FastLaunch, McPhling, Weather (using the Key Gaurd), SonTime (though it's disabled) and Volume Care that affect the system.
    I have the same delay and did some testing as I was trouble-shooting another problem. Even on a fresh hard-reset Centro the time delay/lag till Blazer rises from the dead is still there, although not quite as long as after it has been used several times. Have not isolated any real root cause, other than a possible cache problem, just believe it is the nature of the beast sometimes.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    On my Centro the delay is there on occasion, but compared to the 700P, it is negligible and not a factor for me in its over-all performance.
    that's the only isuue I have with my centro (well except battery life) . not all the time but about half the time I get a 8-10 second delay (white screen) on my centro. It wasn't there when I got it. got mine in Sept 07 and it started around Jan this year. either its a app or just something that happens and dosent go away. would be great to find 3-4 people who have the delay and only have 20 or less 3rd party apps on there centro. maybe could see if there's a common app , isolate it. but if your like me , got 60 or more on mine.
    you guys are obviously first time Palm owners.

The WOD (White Screen of Death) is something that has ALWAYS been an issue on every Treo ever made-
    Even with its new FANDANGLED name , This Treo is no different.

The screen is a random thing,
    Clear ur cache, ur cookies, etc... sometimes it helps, mostly it doesnt do a damn thing.
    A soft reset will often help but not always.

Its PALM.

live with it, theres nothing you can do.

I myself dont even use the blazer.

I use Opera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbone View Post

The WOD (White Screen of Death) is something that has ALWAYS been an issue on every Treo ever made-
    Just for the record - AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $White$ $Screen$ $of$ $Death$ $is$ $a$ $rather$ $more$ $sinister$ $thingy$ - $it$ $lasts$ $until$ $a$ $hard$ $reset$ $is$ $performed$ ($or$ $the$ $battery$ $runs$ $flat$).

Regards,

Jochen
    New? Not really, been doing this since the Treo 300 and the wife about 2 years before this. The White Screen of Death struck me back in the early days of the Treo 600 when ChatterEmail was just coming to life. Since then it has struck my devices very rarely - though it does happen. It has not happened on my Centro yet, but it eventually will.

Blazer and Opera? The benefits of Opera in my very humble opinion, are not that great. Consider the amount of memory it requires just to get there via Java. Opera looks pretty but has its issues, hence I gave up on Java applications a while back after using them for an extended period of time. The newness wore off. Both have their problems and frankly, we ask our devices to do so much, nothing is perfect.

Regardless of the device, the manufacturer, all have their issues and the lag is there to a degree with all of them. For me the lag occurs when I am in an area with a log signal or the DB cache is being cleared; otherwise the Centros my wife and I have are running very well.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Carbone View Post

The screen is a random thing,
    Clear ur cache, ur cookies, etc... sometimes it helps, mostly it doesnt do a damn thing.
    A soft reset will often help but not always.

Its PALM.

live with it, theres nothing you can do.

I myself dont even use the blazer.

I use Opera.
    Most of my white screen pauses are when the dbcache is being cleared. Now that I have my system running pretty optimally (plus a hard reset to defrag the ram) I haven't run into that hardly at all.

On my old cluttered setup sometimes I'd get 20+ second blazer loading times.