Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Are you going to Corporate Sprint stores or independant kiosks / stores?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Corporate, independents won't do any Palm warranty, only the Sprint warranty.
    Hey Mike:

You ever get your phone worked out? I am running into the same problem. I have an issue where the people I call cannot hear me and the dropped calls are constant. I have spent the past two weeks going into repair centers and on the phone with Sprint and Palm. I am past the 30 days so I cannot add insurance. Palm wants me to send in my phone for them to repair and hold for 3-7 days. Me without my phone for a week? What's the point of having a cell phone then?

How do I get a replacement? I have never experienced this BS. With Verizon, as long as you were within the one year warranty, they replaced your phone.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Ok this epic has finally come to a close. Last we left off the Sprint Store person told me they would order me a reconditioned phone for a 35$ fee under Palm Warranty.

I went back today to have this done (having given up on other options) and was told by the same person the fee was 55$ and they have no recollection of saying it was 35 in the past. I said fine, ill take it. She says they have no reconditioned phones in store, so she would have to order. She checked and said there were none to order (prob a testament to how flimsy this phone is)

So she ended up giving me a new one out of the store. They could not sync it with my old one as they claimed the infrared (never used it) didn't work. I could hot sync at home so I didn't care.

Then she offered me the insurance, I jumped at the chance. One of the reasons I was so pissed before was that the outsourced customer service didn't give it to me like i had asked for. The girl at the store also gave me the new box, and didn't ask for any old stuff back so now i have a set of extra cords and manuals.

In the end, I guess it came out ok. I would have paid roughly 50 if they had given me the insurance correctly in the first place. Got the extra power and hotsync cords, which I really don't need now but you never know.

So thanks again to all who have given me advice on this thread, I appreciate it.

PS:

Even though I got a bit lucky at the end, I would say rate their customer service among the worse I have ever dealt with. The title of this thread should more accurately read " I hate Sprint Customer Service with a passion (advice badly needed)". Like their phones, plans and the net works great.
    It is the "worst" customer service if you have to pay to resolve an issue with ANY item that is under warranty. I understand your frustration and just wanting to get it over with. I also understand that some people get bullied and taken advantage of. I would not be so forgiving. Good luck to you.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    This story really sucks to read.. I guess I have always been fortunate with sprint stores.. Im actually on my 4th 755p ( I know wrong thread but I found it interesting) because of stuff like this. First my vibration went out and then the camera stopped working properly on the next two.. but all I had to do (I had the insurance) is walk into a repair center and the checked it out for an hour and then told me they couldn't fix them and ordered me a new phone right on the spot. I guess it really depends on the store you go to and the people who work there which isn't how its supposed to be.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12