1. TGG
    I received a replacement Treo 650 from Assurion about a month ago, and have had no problems with it other than the inability to reinstall my Palm Nav Ed 2 (TomTom6) software. It ran on my former Treo just fine, but when I try to install on the replacement Treo I just get the message "Your device is incompatible with TomTom NAVIGATOR", and it terminates the install process. I tried everything suggested by the level 1 and 2 techs at TomTom, with no success (although their suggestion that I install the Treo 680 Nav fix from the Palm site did stop the Treo 650 from resetting after exiting the Nav 6 install). I have tried to install again after hard resets and installing the Treo 650 Updater from the Palm site (even though I was already on Treo650-1.05a-VZW).

Any suggestions? Aside from having paid a lot of money for a non-functioning product, I have a real need for the product and don't want to shell out for a new stand alone GPS if there is any way to get this working.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    How are you installing it? I put my sd card in a card reader and used the cd to install everthing onto the card. Then I put the card into my treo. I don't remember what screen came up or anything when I put the card in, but I didn't have any issues.

BUT, the sd card that came with the cd didn't work for some reason. Again I don't remember the error or any specifics.
  3. TGG
    I am installing from the SD card. TomTom tech support suggested that I reformat the card and reinstall from the CD to the card. I did that, and also tried a different SD card, but still get the same incompatible device error no matter what I have tried.