Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Hi all, I just bought a used 755p and there's a problem... The speakers get VERY fuzzy with crackles when it is turned up higher than 3. If its not turned above 2, the volume is so low it is hard to hear... Does anyone else have any problem like this?

I did hear that the new ROM update for Sprint contains improved audio. Would that fix the problem or do you think it's a hardware issue? I guess I can just have it on vibrate or something.. Thanks all

The device is much sleeker than my older 700p. I love the way it looks!
    Honestly, with symptoms as bad as you describe the speaker is probably blown.
    I would agree, a bad speaker. I use Volume Care to increase volume on my speakers and also on some applications, like Pocket Tunes. When I am playing a tune with PT, I have the volume up to like 90% and this is even louder since I use Volume Care, and it is crystal clear.

I would not imagine that the back speaker is costly or hard to replace.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    thanks guys I contacted Sprint repair center and they had told me that it would cost 55 bucks !!! I cannot believe this. I guess I'll just leave it on vibrate thanks again.
    Why not sign up for the insurance program with Sprint, $7 a month for on the spot replacement. Wait a few weeks then take it to sprint store for replacement?
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    can you take it up with the seller as damaged product?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    hey guys thanks for the response. first of all, the guy wont call me back. So I gave up. Also when I contacted sprint, they said I can only add insurance to phones that are less than 1 month old. Do you know a way to add insurance to an existing account? Let me know. Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone,

thanks for all your help. I finally ended up calling Palm (through Sprint) and they told me that I would be able to get a replacement phone for 25 dollars. It surely beats the 55 dollar charge that sprint has at their repair store.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that if your phone is still under the 1 year warranty, Palm will either repair for free (I didn't choose this because they said I'll be without a phone for over 1 week) or 25 bucks for exchange.

Hope this helps everyone who has a problem with warranty left and is having hardware problems
    Good for you! I am sorry, I seem to have missed that you purchased a used phone. Yes, it is correct, you can only add insurance on a purchase under 30 days old. I bought my phone from a Sprint store and added it right on. I like the security of being able to replace the phone whatever happens to it.
    My phone developed a problem where the mute switch on top has failed. The speaker is cut off and I have no ringtones, alarms or anything that uses the speaker. The Sprint store tells me there will be a charge of $55 for Sprint to repair it. The phone is 9 months old and still covered by Palm's one year warranty. Palm tells me that I could send them the phone for a free repair but I would need to pay for shipping to them and there would be a 5 to 7 day turn around before they ship it back. This could take 3 weeks! My other choice is to pay Palm $25 for an exchange which they would ship to me first and I would then send them the defective phone. I was about to do this when it occurred to me that a different phone would need activation by Sprint at a $35 charge. So, the exchange would be $60! There must be a conspiracy against consumers everywhere!

Does anyone know where I could obtain the switch as a part? I could probably replace it myself if I could get this component. Palm will not give nor sell parts directly to consumers. I may need to bite the bullet and pay Sprint to repair the phone.

I did not insure the phone but even if I had $7 per month x 9 months is $63 anyway.
    Activation charge - I have activated many a phone myself, you can do this over the 800 number. There has never been an activation charge on bill. This charge comes from stores, employee time and service.

If in doubt, call 800 number, talk to rep. There is one way to do it over automated line, the other is to have the rep walk you thru it. Tell them Palm replacement/warranty and they can make any exception within reason, and this is within reason.