1.    #1  
    Anyone heard if one is planned???
    Mike
    I don't think it's going to happen, otherwise we would have seen it by now. Of course the Seido rep may show up and give us the same answer he's always given...."Our development group is working on it, but I have no additional information at this time."
    Yeah they said in October they are working on it but i would say that its probally not possible without having to get a new door and a larger Centro. They know its just not going to sell,. Did you see the ones they are selling now. Make the Centro hideous.
    Nope, they aren't making one. I emailed them yesterday and they said that they had no plans of making a larger battery that will work with the existing door.
    I believe that. If it was possible to make a longer battery that fit the current centro design , Seidio would have had one already. That would make a fortune on it. I realized about 2 weeks ago that its just not a reality and purchased a extra battery that I sometimes take with me. its a pain and I know your not supposed to keep batterys in yoru pocket but if i know its a long trip i will keep it handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dasbill View Post
    Nope, they aren't making one. I emailed them yesterday and they said that they had no plans of making a larger battery that will work with the existing door.
    What they meant was, they tried and couldn't do it. How many times have people asked about the battery in these forums and the Seidio rep always said they were looking in to it?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    keep checking eBay.. some Asian company will pull this off at some point. this phone has been out, but not SOoo long that it 'should' have been done by now.
    I know it wouldn't help that much, but I wonder why someone doesn't make a battery that actually is the door and shaped to the phone. Ie, the shell of the battery ends up being the back of the phone too. I mean, obviously, a few millimeters in every direction isn't that much, but if you combined that with maybe a slightly thicker back it might help quite a bit.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    would likely be too warm to touch. I think a side benefit of the door is to keep from touching a warm battery.
  10.    #10  
    Well I also have a BB Curve 8310. Seidio made a larger cacity battery for that phone and the battery is no bigger than the Centro battery, so I don't think it's due to the physical size of the battery.
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=880
    Mike