1.    #1  
    First of all, I like the radar maps option in 4Cast. I know that it connects to weather.yahoo.com which uses The Weather Channel radar maps.

The DFW, TX Metro radar map is perfect. I like it because it completely fills the screen, unlike some other sites which shows a smaller, harder to see map. There's just one problem with it. It's not always "current." When you check out a radar map, you want it to be as "real time" as possible. I find that the TWC radar map is sometimes outdated by over an hour or more, which makes it completely useless. I can live with a 5 or 10 minute delay but an hour or longer is unacceptable.

So, does anyone know of any custom maps I could use that is updated frequently and has a full screen map? See attached screenshot, this is the TWC map I currently use which would be great if it was only updated more frequently.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...er2/Pic_10.jpg
    Try WeatherBug.com & use their Radar for 4cast.
    They look great.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Try WeatherBug.com & use their Radar for 4cast.
    They look great.
    Good Luck
    Doesn't seem to work. I go to weatherbug.com on my PC and look up the local radar. I then paste that link into custom maps for 4Cast and it just comes up with a blank screen.

I go to the mobile weatherbug site on my centro and the radar map that comes up is so tiny you can't read it.

Do you know of a way to get the full screen radar map (similar to the one I posted?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Doesn't seem to work. I go to weatherbug.com on my PC and look up the local radar. I then paste that link into custom maps for 4Cast and it just comes up with a blank screen.

I go to the mobile weatherbug site on my centro and the radar map that comes up is so tiny you can't read it.

Do you know of a way to get the full screen radar map (similar to the one I posted?)
    Here's what I did just in case you did it differently:

Right click on the map (at the full site)
    Click on properteries.
    Then the full address is in the middle of the properties screen.
    I copied that and then emailed it to myself
    Opened the email on my Treo.
    Then copied and pasted it into 4cast.

If that doesn't workk, I don't remember doing anything else.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  5.    #5  
    Here's what I did just in case you did it differently:

Right click on the map (at the full site)
    Click on properteries.
    Then the full address is in the middle of the properties screen.
    I copied that and then emailed it to myself
    Opened the email on my Treo.
    Then copied and pasted it into 4cast.

If that doesn't workk, I don't remember doing anything else.
    Good Luck
    Strange, I did exactly that (for the doppler radar map) and all I get is a white screen. In fact, I haven't had any luck adding custom maps.

Here's what I copied and pasted into 4Casts custom map field:

http://radarimg.weatherbug.com/image...=1207498343062

I wonder if Shimon has any ideas? I think I'll PM him.

Thanks for your efforts.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Thanks....works great. I see what my mistake was, I should've deleted the extra stuff after the .jpg.

Thanks again!
    I don't know what service they use, but TreoCiel is the best weather service I have seen. It provides continual temperature and rain probability forecasts. The best weather informatin I have seen.
    Laissez Faire
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I don't know what service they use, but TreoCiel is the best weather service I have seen.
    Looks good but from what I can tell, it doesn't have radar maps, which is a must have feature for me.
    I don't know what service they use, but TreoCiel is the best weather service I have seen. It provides continual temperature and rain probability forecasts. The best weather informatin I have seen.
    I guess it depends on your needs but 4cast is pretty comprehensive and offers a plugin into 2day which is very popular as well as a plugin for TAKEphONE also very popular.
    4cast has:
    detail of current coditions
    detail of 5 day forecast
    graphic display of the weeks forecast
    several radar options
    custom radar
    scheduled updates

What is doesn't have is a choice of sources for the data. That may change in future updates. 4cast current uses Yahoo.

You should give it a go.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I use both, but the hourly probability and temperature is really most useful to me.

QUOTE=TurboTiger;1429578]I guess it depends on your needs but 4cast is pretty comprehensive and offers a plugin into 2day which is very popular as well as a plugin for TAKEphONE also very popular.
    4cast has:
    detail of current coditions
    detail of 5 day forecast
    graphic display of the weeks forecast
    several radar options
    custom radar
    scheduled updates

What is doesn't have is a choice of sources for the data. That may change in future updates. 4cast current uses Yahoo.

You should give it a go.

Good Luck[/QUOTE]
    Laissez Faire
    I use both, but the hourly probability and temperature is really most useful to me.
    I agree prubin, that is a great feature!
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  13.    #13  
    I guess it depends on your needs but 4cast is pretty comprehensive and offers a plugin into 2day which is very popular as well as a plugin for TAKEphONE also very popular.
    4Cast can plug into TakePhone? Is that a TakePhone beta that allows this? I don't see it in the version I'm using 7.55 build 045.

Edit: Never mind...just updated to latest beta and found it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    4Cast can plug into TakePhone? Is that a TakePhone beta that allows this? I don't see it in the version I'm using 7.55 build 045.

v7.55 (055) and now you can update OTA but I'm not sure from your version. It's under options "check for updates"

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I just downloaded 4Cast, then bought a license. It does have a beautiful interface and helpful plugin options. I suggest that the developer consider direct access to Weather.com, which would enable download of hourly forecasts (alphanumeric and graphical) including wind speeds/directions.
    Last edited by MVerabeychik; 06/20/2009 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Revise content to be more appropriate to thread
    Quote Originally Posted by MVerabeychik View Post
    I recently purchased license for TreoCiel, but have been unable to obtain registration credentials from Kigosha. Emails do not "bounce back", but are not responded to. The Web site has indicated that it's undergoing "Maintenance" for at least 2 weeks , with no content accessible. The last evidence of a posted update to TreoCiel I've found is 12/08.

Anybody aware of a way to obtain reg credentials from the developer? I will plan to post if I find one.
    I think you may have posted in the wrong forum. This is the ShSh Software forum and I don't think ShSh developed TreoCiel.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover