Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When I type the same letters twice, it shows one capital letter. For example, when I type 'apple', it shows 'aPle'. Any solution?

Thanks
    GF
    Pause a moment in typing between double letters and it works fine.
    Last edited by Treo Musketeers; 04/06/2008 at 12:52 PM.
    Must be a setting somewhere(?)

appppppppple - typed this as fas as I could.

Then again: Im using a European GSM model; maybe that has different built-in software.

Cheers,

Jochen
    I have ATT GSM Centro and I also tried to type "pp" as fast as I can but it didn't turn into an upper case "P". Which Centro version do you have?
  5.    #5  
    I am using the Asia version. But I don't think it has any different. Do you mind sharing your settings in KeyCaps? Thanks.
    KeyCaps
    Adjust your settings to these:

Click Lower e
    Timeout 300ms

Hold L->U->O:e->E->1
    Delay 300ms

Repeat Rate 10/s
    Repeat Delay 300ms

That should work. Let me know if that worked.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    KeyCaps
    Adjust your settings to these:

Click Lower e
    Timeout 300ms

Hold L->U->O:e->E->1
    Delay 300ms

Repeat Rate 10/s
    Repeat Delay 300ms

That should work. Let me know if that worked.
    Thank you so much. It is working as expected. BTW, what is "L->U->O:e->E->1"?
    THANK YOU so much for setting info.
    I drive my kids crazy with one capital letter in place of two lower case, they laugh, and I tell them to deal with it, I'm not as proficient as they are at text and won't be since I can't see without my glasses!!!

The letter L . . . .1 is great. Allows numbers to come up without hitting shift key which also greatly slows me down.

This, like so many programs, needs someone to explain it. Changing settings randomly usually screws me up worse than living with it.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    You should play with the settings and try them out in the test area at the bottom of the screen. The settings listed above are not for everybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    I have NO idea. I was like you. when I down loaded the program it did to me what it did to you, so I started messing with it until I got the settings that worked. I don't know why other have different setting and they work. I'm glad I was able to help you.
    Florida Tony
    I use the following settings:

Click Option: 1
    timeout 240ms

hold upper:E
    delay 300ms

repeat rate 10/s
    repeat delay 300ms
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts

L = lower, U = upper, O = other. Depending on what you choose (click or hold) it will cycle through the three options.

Option 1 is the symbol or number asigned to the button.

My settings are:

Click Upper:E
    Timeout: 300ms

Hold Option: 1
    Delay: 300ms

Repeat rate: 10/s
    Repeat delay: 300ms

This way I never have to hit the cap or option button, I just double click or hold.
    Dave75 - Too weird. I tried those settings and and they didn't work. With the settings I use I don't use the shift key, I just hold down the key and it goes small letter > large letter. symbol (a > A > & ). Also when I use your setup and type fast the letter l, it comes up '. Don't know why [CDMA vs GSM or SPRINT vs AT&T]?
    Florida Tony
  14.    #14  
    Thanks Dave.

For the settings of "Click":

Lower:e = double click "p", it becomes "pp"

Upper:E = double click "p', it becomes "P"

Am I right?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Thanks Dave.

For the settings of "Click":

Lower:e = double click "p", it becomes "pp"

Upper:E = double click "p', it becomes "P"

Am I right?
    That is correct.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    Dave75 - Too weird. I tried those settings and and they didn't work. With the settings I use I don't use the shift key, I just hold down the key and it goes small letter > large letter. symbol (a > A > & ). Also when I use your setup and type fast the letter l, it comes up '. Don't know why [CDMA vs GSM or SPRINT vs AT&T]?
    Different options for different people. Once you're used to the settings on your device, it makes typing so much faster though. It's a nice little program once you know what the settings mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    L = lower, U = upper, O = other.
    Actually, it is L = lower, U = upper, O = option. Although 'other' is close enough.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    So is KeyCaps not crashing the Centro? This would be welcome news. It wreaked havoc on 650's and I never bothered trying it on a 700p.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    So is KeyCaps not crashing the Centro? This would be welcome news. It wreaked havoc on 650's and I never bothered trying it on a 700p.
    It's been 100% stable on my Centro and never really caused a problem on my 700p.
    What version of KeyCaps are you using on the Centro?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast