Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    What version of KeyCaps are you using on the Centro?
    It shows KeyCaps600 but I think it is KeyCaps650.

You can download from here:
    http://www.geekandproud.net/software/keycaps650.php
    Using a higher than default 10/s repeat rate consumes more battery power.
    I've used this on all three Palm phones. I started with version 600 and now am using version 650 (it still says version 600 but it has updated to version 650). No problem with crashes on any of my Palms.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    how do you guys get it to work in 'messaging.'? it works in the keycaps test screen, but not anywhere were it would be actually usefull (e.g. sendint text messages)

I have it set to 'enable' and 'reenable on reset'
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    That's odd. It should be working then.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Try doing a soft reset
    thanks for this thread, i never knew about keycaps, and now i have it and like it a lot (way fun having a texting contest with my 12 year old who didn't want the program). anyway, now my hotkeys (yanno press and hold a letter to open an app or make a call) don't work when i'm 'home'. is this normal?
    Last edited by Lowie; 05/25/2008 at 06:36 AM. Reason: kant spel :)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I'm guessing you're using Butler. If that's the case, go into Butler --> Keylauncher --> KeyCaps Setup, and you'll get instructions on how to get it to work.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Quote Originally Posted by drmareo View Post
    how do you guys get it to work in 'messaging.'? it works in the keycaps test screen, but not anywhere were it would be actually usefull (e.g. sendint text messages)

I have it set to 'enable' and 'reenable on reset'
    it started working for me now after moving it to internal memory. I was using linkstart to run it off the SD card before then.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I love KeyCaps and have used it on my 650 and now my brand new Centro. Never saw this thread and now am just curious if anyone knows a way to use KeyCaps and still have the shortcut keys work. You know, the ones you set up as favorites in the phone app, for speed dial and such. I would love to be able to use those once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by njperry View Post
    I love KeyCaps and have used it on my 650 and now my brand new Centro. Never saw this thread and now am just curious if anyone knows a way to use KeyCaps and still have the shortcut keys work. You know, the ones you set up as favorites in the phone app, for speed dial and such. I would love to be able to use those once again.
    Prefs -> tick "disable in phone app"
    Doesn't seem to work in contacts 'edit' & 'new' dialogs. Some other places to, but can't remember right now. Just got my Centro, reloading all my 650 software. Not to hijack the thread, but anyone else having probs w/FeildPlus?
    has anyone used keycaps on a 755p? where you i get the download?
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48 View Post
    has anyone used keycaps on a 755p? where you i get the download?
    keycaps works fine on the 755. if you scroll up on this page, someone posted a link to the download.
    I find that my centro is MUCH snappier when I have keycaps disabled. Any others have that experience? I love the program, just not the slowdown.
    to those of you that's currently using Keycaps. how do you find ur battery performing?

i have stopped using Keycaps for quite sometimes now. i really missed it. the reason was my Centro didn't want to go to total 'sleep' resulting in poor battery life.

i wonder if y'all have any similar issue?
  17.    #37  
    I don't have this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    I don't have this issue.
    that's good news. i might reinstall it again and see how it goes.
    thank for the info.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12