1.    #1  
    Hi,

without a unlimited data plan - and with a liking for Internet Radio - I have to be careful not to exceed my monthly limit of 100 MB.

Unfortunately, the current version of TrafficStat causes my Centro to crash (NormSoft say they are working on the probblem).

Until a stable version arrives... does anyone know of another program that will do the same job?

Regards.

Jochen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    Hi,

without a unlimited data plan - and with a liking for Internet Radio - I have to be careful not to exceed my monthly limit of 100 MB.

Unfortunately, the current version of TrafficStat causes my Centro to crash (NormSoft say they are working on the probblem).

Until a stable version arrives... does anyone know of another program that will do the same job?

Regards.

Jochen
    I thought you were looking for a traffic service til I looked to see what the program does. Pretty cool...I didn't know it existed.

Sorry...I'm no help other than telling you to do the #DATA to get a text message sent to you with your current usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    Hi,

Regards.

Jochen
    are you saying you want traffic report w/o using internet?
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsroy326 View Post
    are you saying you want traffic report w/o using internet?
    TrafficStat logs every byte coming in from the web or going out to it while you're online.
    You can then check for any period since you installed the program (or since you last deleted the log file) how much data traffic there has been.

Regards,

Jochen
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbone View Post
    Too bad - looked promising, but doesn't run on my GSM Centro (error message "Treo 650, ... needed").

But thanks for the hint; I've written to the producer asking about the possibility of an update.

Kind Regards,

Jochen
    I ported all my programs from the treo 650 over to my new centro and Trafficstat 4.1 works without any problems. I wonder why it doesn't work for you.
  8.    #8  
    Hi,

out of hand I'd say that either you don't have the GSM model or you have (so far?) been lucky.

When I told NormSoft about TrafficStat's behaviour, I was told that they were "aware of the problem" and were working on a solution.

... unless of course... is your TS version quite new? I deleted mine, therefore I can't check what my version number was.

Kind Regards,

Jochen
    I am using an unlocked GSM centro in Malaysia. Got it last week.

Just to be clear on what I have - Trafficstat v4.1 by Hexlet LLC works on my centro.

Also, fyi, I used Rescobackup to 'restore' into my Centro, a backup set backed up on my treo650. Had to disable rescolocker and some other minor program to prevent my centro from going into an infinite reset loop, but after I did that, my centro functioned generally without any problems, trafficstat included.

So, I did not install trafficstat from scratch, it was migrated from my treo650 to the centro along with all preferences and settings.
    Last edited by cywong; 04/20/2008 at 11:46 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Tough - it seems, then, that I waited too long to upgrade Hexlet's version 3.3 on my T3.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $NormSoft$ $has$ $taken$ $over$ $development$ $of$ $TrafficStat$, $and$ $THEIR$ $version$ $4$.$1$ $causes$ $LOTS$ $of$ $crashes$ $on$ $my$ $Centro$.

I searched for Hexlet's 4.1 on the Web, but only found that Hexlet has more or less disappeared (try http://www.hexlet.com/ to see what I mean) and Hexlet's 4.1 is listed only on numerous Russian sites, none of which delivered.

Kind Regards,

Jochen
    i'll do you a favour. give me your email and I will send you a copy of what i have.
  12. brf
    Hey Jochen, I am using Hexlet's 4.1 on my GSM Centro and have seen no problems so far. I also have the 4.1 file if you'd like me to send it to you.
    VisorPhone >>Treo 600 >>Black Palm Centro
    PacBell/Cingular/AT&T GSM
    Any errors in tact, fact or spelling
    are entirely due to transmission error
  13.    #13  
    Hi,

thanks for the offer, but I've just had the chance to try out the "pre-NormSoft" 4.1, and it definitely doesn't work for me.

I suppose I've simply got too many apps on my Centro - everything from my jam packed T3 that doesn't cause resets.

One - or several - of those programs appear to be in conflict with TrafficStat.

A few minutes after installation my Centro went into a Reset loop which only stopped after a hard reset.

Regards,

Jochen