1.    #1  
    Is there any way to either 1) prevent the Phone APP from launching if I press a keyboard key too long or 2) set the sensitivity level of the keyboard?

This Phone APP is coming up too often. In fact --- I don't even use it after buying TakePhone.

Thanks for the help!

Chuck
    I don't know about changing the sensitivy but why don't you change it to launch takephone (or any other program you regularly use) instead?
    Yeah, what cavingjan said.

Set TakePhone to your phone button. As far as sensitivity, it may be you. If you press a keyboard key, your contact will come up in TakePhone. If you press and hold a keyboard key, a SpeedDial choice will open.

I never see the default phone app unless I want to dial a hash code.

4.    #4  
    Actually I do want anything to come up. I want everything to stay down so I can type an email or a message. As it stand, the phone application almost makes it impossible to type anything without being bothered by the phone constantly popping up.
    ^ ^ Hey chucksings

I re-read your post above a number of times and I don't really understand what you are referring to.

Are you saying, that typing a text message or email keeps popping the default phone up? If so, you have something, or a pref of somekind dorking your phone.

I used TakePhone on a Sprint 650, and use TakePhone v 755 build 55 on a Sprint 700p and a Sprint Centro and I have never seen the behavior you report, as I understand it.

I can pull up a contact with TakePhone, and send a text or an email without the default phone app showing itself or anything else popping up while typing the text message or email....

6.    #6  
    Found the problem --- Butler's Speedy Keys.

I disabled it and all seems OK now.

Thanks